Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Occupational Medicine
H21 | Strategic Advisor and Research Scientist
B.A., Philosophy & Medical Ethics, Davidson CollegeUndergraduate,
Masters of Occupational Health, Harvard School of Public HealthGraduate,
Masters of Public Health, Tropical Medicine, TulaneGraduate,
M.D., Tulane University School of MedicinePost Graduate,
Family Medicine - Naval Hospital Bremerton, WA - Internship - - 2002
Harvard School of Public Health - Occupational & Environmental Medicine - Residency - 2006 - 2008
Harvard School of Public Health - Occupational & Environmental Medicine - Fellowship - 2006 - 2008
2009: Board Certifed / Occupational Medicine
2006-2008: Clinical Research Fellow, Harvard School of Public Health
2005-2006: Sr. Medical Officer, US Navy, Naval Special Warfare Group TWO
2003-2005: Diving Medical Officer & Undersea Medical Officer, US Navy
2010- present: Harvard Medical School, Cambridge Health Alliance
Fellow, American College of Occupational & Environmental Medicine
Board Member, New England College of Occupational & Environmental Health
Diplomate, American Board of Preventive Medicine
Member, The American Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene
Member, Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine Society
Member, U.S. Special Operations Medical Association
Member, Wilderness Medical Society
* Parks PD, Pransky GS, Kales, SN. Iatrogenic Disability and Narcotics Addiction after Lumbar Fusion in a Worker’s Compensation Claimant. Spine. 2010;35:E549-552.
* Parks PD, Durand G, Tsismenakis AJ, Vela-Bueno A, Kales SN. Screening for Obstructive Sleep Apnea during Commercial Driver Medical Examinations. J Occup Environ Med. 2009. 51:275-282.
* Durand G, Parks PD, Kales SN. Alleged Daytime Somnolence in a Professional Driver: Approaching the Fitness for Duty Determination. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 2008, 50:1086-1088.
* Lueken R, Heffner A, and Parks P. Treatment of Severe Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Using a Portable Hyperbaric Chamber. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2006;48:319-322.
* Parks, P. The Student’s T-test, Chapter 16, In Epidemiology and Biostatistics Secrets, R. Nordness, ed. SPI Publishing, 187-197, 2006.