Aa
A
A
Close

Addiction: Living with an Addict Community

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

81 - 100 (of 1689) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
My wife has been addicted to opiates for nearly 13 years. We got married 4 years ago and I did not know. I knew she had a history but she seemed over it and had already been through rehab years before. Well everything came crashing down....
  Posted
Hi all, I'm not sure of what the right step here is. My husband has 3 Rx's which he abuses. Lucky for him his Rx's are staggered enough that it's only a few days that he's without something. He stopped drinking heavily (at least 12 beers...
  Posted
Hello. Ummm I'm not really sure how this works. I guess I just spit it out. I'm a heroin addict. I shoot it and have for almost 10 yrs. During this time I have never wanted to stop but now... Well now. Hmmm its hard to even think ab...
  Posted
From someone who has experienced this... So, I have this cousin who I was very very close to as a kid. She got into drugs around the age 17/18 she was an intense heroin addict and it was always so clear when she was clean and when she wa...
  Posted
5099381 tn?1363835485
my husband who has an opiate addiction is constantly going to the bathroom. I hear him opening and closing drawers, doing stuff other than actually using the restroom, all while the water is running. I'm pretty naive about drugs and how ...
  Posted
I met my boyfriend a year and a half ago. Everything was perfect, I was truly living in a fairytale. Our relationship was amazing, our connection was amazing, our sex life was insanely good. He wanted me constantly, hell- he couldn't kee...
  Posted
My husband and I used drugs recreationally prior to children. I stopped when I became a mother. My husband did not. I've tolerated his behavior for several years, but the lies and mounting hatred I feel toward him is wreaking havoc on...
  Posted
I met my boyfriend a year and a half ago. Everything was perfect, I was truly living in a fairytale. Our relationship was amazing, our connection was amazing, our sex life was insanely good. He wanted me constantly, hell- he couldn't kee...
  Posted
My sister has a very serious prescription drug dependency. She also has other mental health problems. She has overdosed 4 times and each occurrence could have resulted in her death if she hadn't been found in time. Our family has ...
  Posted
It's been a battle for me to leave him, I have try so many times, I really try hard to ignore his calls n text, but why is it so difficult. Especially it's harder because I have a kid with this addict and his very attached, when I talk ...
  Posted
My husband was precribed tramadol and became addicted. His personality changed and became very isolated and angry all the time.Is this typical. We separated 3 weeks ago and the man I once loved just seems lost forever. Please let me know...
  Posted
15797061 tn?1443077828
My brother is a meth addict & he knows he does the drug but does not admit to being a addict. We tried getting him help but he refuses to out offer! Is there anyway we can get him to go not by choice but force him to go? His been on drug...
  Posted
I need some sort of guidance or help. My story is a long one but basically I am at a crossroad where I am completely besides myself because I can never distinguish the truths from the lies anymore. It's hard to just pick up and leave- wh...
  Posted
Hi all I have been trying to work up the courage to do this for a while. My husband is a fully functional alcoholic and I am trying to figure how I can help him and myself. He doesn't drink every day but it is most days. When he gets...
  Posted
My friend is a drug addict. He has been in prison a few years & coming home soon. And wants to stay clean once getting out. He has asked me if I could buy him a phone. I don't want to enable him. At the same time, he needs one to look fo...
  Posted
I have been with my boyfriend on and off for almost 4 years. He smokes ice and it seems to be getting worse. I've caught on he is dealing it now. I got trich but he swears his never cheated on me. He has admitted to me he had a fling...
  Posted
First off, I am posting more for support as I am learning about addiction. I've been in a 3 year relationship with an addict, he has been addicted to opiates and has struggled on and off for years. When I first met him it was unlike ...
  Posted
15555738 tn?1441339549
I met my husband when I was 14, he was 18. He was a sweet guy with a bad boy streak. He smoked pot, dropped acid...all that jazz. We were close friends despite my utter refusal to do drugs of any kind. We grew apart, married other peo...
  Posted
What is the difference between white subutex abs white subutex
  Posted
I feel so lost and useless right now. Let me tell you my story. I started dating Bill 5 years ago. i knew he had taken drugs before and spent time in prison for stealing to support his habit. When we first got together he was on the ...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Living with an Addict Community Resources
Top Addiction Answerers
3197167 tn?1348972206
Blank
clean_in_ks