Aa
A
A
Close

Addiction: Living with an Addict Community

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION: LIVING WITH AN ADDICT COMMUNITY. This patient support community is for family members and loved ones of people who are substance abuse addicts. Discussions cover how to help your loved one, enabling, coping with the emotional impact of addiction, intervention, and when to seek medical help. If you are not a family member of a substance abuse addict and instead need help with your addiction, please visit our Addiction: Substance Abuse Community to get the support you need.

121 - 140 (of 1667) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am a girlfriend to a recovering addict. He grew up in a family who has never held down jobs and that stay high 24/7 and hustle to make a living. We were great friends in high school and we both secretly had a crush on the other. His hi...
It's been almost six months since I left my heroin addicted/dealing boyfriend of six years. I keep feeling like I've moved on...going on dates and everything you are supposed to do...and then it suddenly hits me like a brick each time......
Addictedtolove | Last answer
I live in new mexico and I have been married to an opioid addict for 7 years but together for 10 years. I have been staying at my in laws on and off for 2 weeks and today I came home to clean. I found a meth pipe in the bathroom. My ques...
Hope2BHappy | Last answer
my 24 year old son is verbally abusive to me. He calls me a f....ing ******* and that he feels embarrassed to call me his mother. I found out that he has a pain prescription addiction and his behavior since then has become extremely chao...
Collette1450 | Last answer
Hi, my husband and I have been married for close to 2 years. 2 boys between us 10 and 11. Past Dec husband had back surgery after spending months in pain. 2 years prior of pain management taking oxycodone 30 MG times 4 a day. That bega...
Lost514 | Last answer
So my story... I've been with a great guy for a little over a year. He owns his own business and works 6 days a week. Everything was great then he got into an accident aND was put on pain meds then some percoet and oxys. After a couple ...
Loveofmylife321 | Last answer
Hi. My girlfriend came clean to me about using methadone and secretly drinking after lying to me for a long time. She was very nice and kind and did everything she could to make me trust her. Now a week later detoxing on suboxone shemake...
op542 | Last answer
I live with my mom that has been using crack and being smoking it thru a pipe. She doesn't know that I know but I tell her to go to rehab for drinking and smoking she doesn't listen. She has warrants out for her arrest. I don't really fe...
Bianca16 | Last answer
My husband which I'm now separated from is now I think either back on Heroin or Methadone. I asked him to leave has his behaviour was getting physical and mentally abusive. This is a guy who was living he dream, Highly academic/intellige...
crazybear | Last answer
13759778_tn?1432167806
My husband has recently come to me and informed me that he is a pain pill addict. Apparently he has been since the day we met. I always had my suspicions but hes extremely functional (obviusly) and we have never had any problems with the...
Morgada_27 | Last answer
14252855_tn?1433610635
I have been married only two months to a long time cocaine addict. I am currently six months pregnant with our child and have two other children by my first marriage. My husband kept his addiction secret with the help of his family for...
nomorechances | Last answer
14111496_tn?1432951316
Does anyone know of a support group around Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, Iowa City or the Quad Cities? I am the wife of a prescription pain killer addict and I have decided to stay married to him because he is worth it to me and to God. Our f...
TaraHayHay | Last answer
Hi, I am new to all this, I don't use any kind of drugs...I only drink beer from time to time. I have been with my boyfriend for almost two years, we live together...I have a 14 yr old dauhter that lives with us. My boyfriend steals my...
twinkle0206 | Last answer
My mom is taking both morphine and Percocet for chronic pain. I am worried about her. She is very careful about only taking them as prescribed, but she is starting to be confused at times. She also has respiratory problems. One of her do...
wimbo920 | Last answer
Right now I am experiencing how an addict pulls everyone close to them into the addiction with them. My 30 year old daughter has me in awful positions because of her addiction. Financially and legally and I'm really angry with her today...
Lisaa731 | Last answer
I am kicking my daughter out... She has a drinking problem like I have never seen before... I have already changed my locks.... She keeps losing jobs because of drinking... Her car was towed but we are not getting out or buying her anoth...
Staceyzzz | Last answer
13525158_tn?1432860130
This will be somewhat long, so please bare with me! A little background info: I was raised in an abusive environment. I have a plethora of chronic health issues & therefore, can't work. I volunteer for a feline organization once a month,...
FeralFeline | Last answer
12148418_tn?1423749852
Hi there. I just wanted to give a positive update on my son. We had told our son that he could no longer live with us because of his drug use. Shortly after, he admitted himself to rehab. We new when he went to rehab that we didn't w...
Mom5tired | Last answer
I have been with my boyfriend for a year, and we've lived together for half of that time. I knew he had a drug problem early on, but he minimized it, saying it was just a few pills. Later I found out he was also using heroin, but I didn'...
leftwicketthree | Last answer
My boyfriend is an ex heroin addict. He's on methadone for his addiction. He's going to be off methadone by the time our baby comes into the world in October. I do know herion is a life long addiction and that it will always be at the ba...
Tljw | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Living with an Addict Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...