Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Strange Behavior When A Person is High

I have friends that I know are high, because they do such odd things.  A friend of mine used to line up crumbs in a row on a desk or table.  I found out later that when they were smoking crack, they would pick the crumbs up off the floor, thinking they were crack. Another friend of mine used to walk around with a blue color on his clothing.  Here he was "sucking" the outter layer of Oxycontins off, so he could snort them. Had I known at the time about this behavior, I would have known that they were using.  To help clue me in to some of these strange behaviors, and maybe the drugs that they are using, I was wondering if there were any examples that people had, things that they did, or behaviors exhibited when they were using, to help me figure out maybe whey they are doing this, and what type of drug they may be using at the time.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi.  Well, some people don't exhibit anything, but one thing I remember about my son on oxycontin and even vicodin or methadones was that he was always itching!  Itch itch, itch.  Other than that he talked alot and fast when he was high.  Most people really had no idea he was even high, so some people can hide it well.  Depends on the drug I guess, if you see people doing the things you saw - they have to be high right, who the heck acts like that.
Helpful - 0
theres 100s of side effects and there commen in alot of them so i dont think you can tell which drug....
Helpful - 0
93654 tn?1247499334
He wants to know behavioral symptoms of people on drugs. I contemplated answering, but the list would go on and on. Not to mention, some people don't exhibit the "usual" signs of drug use.
Helpful - 0
I hope not to sound rude, but what in the world are you talking about? What is your question?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.