Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Occassionally Taking Hydrocodone, Am I Addicted

Hello...  I have terrible teeth and go to the dentist frequently always getting hydrocodones after a tooth pull.  I take the meds as needed for pain, but always take the extras when the pain stops, because I want to.

Although I do not go out and get the pills on a extravagent level, occassionally a friend of mine or someone will give me a pill or 2 and I will take them home.  I am afraid of getting seriously addicted and do not want to... but I will take one at night and wait a day or more before taking the others and so on if I have any  so that I will try to prevent long term addiction, withdrawls, etc...

I just like the pills or maybe addicted I do not know.  Is this a sign of first addiction or am I actually addicted, I do not know, but never have withdrawls at this point just like to take them when I have them.

Thanks
JB
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
just checking on you, how is it going?
Helpful - 0
Be careful, that is how I started.  I think when I was making up excuses for them it was already too late.  8 years later 2 - 4 vicodin a day.  I took them for pain occassionally, but took them more for pleasure.  I'm 25 days without them today and it was hell the first couple weeks.  Especially the first week.  When I first started running out, I didn't even know I was having with drawls, just thought I felt like ****!  Well as soon as I got my hands on some and took one, I was all better.  Just saying be careful my friend, taking them when you don't need them sounds like a little problem already.
Helpful - 0
I took them for fun occasionally and I never became addicted, but they are highly addictive.  Some people can walk away without ever becomming addicted, but most can't.  I can see why because the euphoria is soo good.  That's how they get you.
Helpful - 0
WATCH OUT WITH THEM!!!! OR YES, YOU WILL END UP LIKE ME. I ONLY TOOK A FEW LEFT OVERS, AND AFTER AWHILE, I WAS HOOKED, NO FUN!!! NO FUN!!! NEXT YOU WILL BE ASKING " HOW DO I W/D WITHOUT DIEING"
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.