Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Move along

Hi all!!  I have been listening to the band~All American Rejects, song "Move Along"!  It is really encouraging, and I wanted to let you all know so you can get it, and turn it up! and let it motivate you to keep on going!! Don't give up the detoxing!!

"Hands are shaking cold, these hands are ment to hold...even when your hope is gone, move along move along, just to make it through"...

God bless!!!
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi girl!
  You've been on my mind!  Oh, do I understand!  Starting in a few days, my life is about to hit a social explosion!  We have so much family coming to town, and a three day trip up to see my husband's family...I don't know if I have the energy...anyways, I am doing better, but everyday my body hurts a little...I have been praying for you off n on every day!  Please keep me posted here on how your doing!
   I know during the holidays, we will be surrounded by family, and they will accept us not feeling so well..there are a lot of people with the flu right now!  Keep it up, your not alone!
  When you feel bad, think of me being there to hug you and encourage you, and make you laugh...n make you soup!!
  We deserve healthy bodies and lives, and we have lived believeing lies for so long...lets live in truth!
Your friend,
Kissy!
Helpful - 0
171940 tn?1203627344
Hi, just got back from getting a flu shot at my son's school. I think it is funny, cuz I have the "flu" and we all know the truth...I was reading about hot showers, and I am so lucky, because I have a steam shower and that is a lifesaver. I still am close to getting with a suboxone doc. I guess you have to be in mild to moderate withdrawl, and I am there, so I bet I could start right away. I think weaning just prolongs the agony. My problem is chanukah starts friday at sundown and we have tons of get togethers you know excuses, excuses. I read the torah and my temple's shabatt prayer book. It does help to stay close to our higher power. I am glad to see that you wrote nilagirl, she is struggling, and new to this site and you have been great to me so I thought I would pass your insight and experience to her. I am grateful for everything in here that people are sharing, it is hard in this situation we are all in and at least we are not alone. talk to you soon. K  
ps. Soup is my favorite food, how did ya know? haha
Helpful - 0
Hey sweetie,
I'm sorry to hear your not feeling well...I wish I could give you a biggggggg hug, and make you soup!
  do you have tylenol flu?  or nyquil?  Hang in there!!!!  It will pass.  Let it make you stronger mentally!
Your on my mind and in my prayers!
xxxooo!!
~kissy
Helpful - 0
171940 tn?1203627344
hey, today is bad. very fluish. I told a girl who just posted about you and your experience, so I think she wrote you. I have been seeing a shrink for years, he is aware of my past, and I just keep on keepin on. I have better days than others mentally, and sometimes I just think It is bordem that drives me. Gotta run talk later -K
Helpful - 0
Hi friend!  How are you today???  I was thinking about what you posted here, and that mentally you need to get strong about who you are and your life sober...you know, confidence in yourself alone..me too.  My friend sent me a self help book about bad habits, and overcoming them...and I am going to make a counseling apmnt today...and read the Bible.  I really hope your doing good, and I will continue to pray for you, and check in here to see if you've posted how your doing!
sincerely,
Kissy
Helpful - 0
171940 tn?1203627344
Hey, the name of that album is secrets from the beehive. I think it is so awesome that your feeling so much better on day 4/5. I was reading the eariler posts and you were taking vics. for 5 years, I would have thought the wd's whould be bad for more like 1 1/2-2 weeks. I have been on for about two years, up and down, but steadily up since may when I got arthritis and got my own script. and then surgery in oct. of this year. They had to give me 9 doses of diluadid (sp?) in first stage recovery just so I wouldn't have pain. that seems like a lot considering I only weigh 105lbs. Anyways, me and my husband are having problems, and I am not off completely yet, still less and less, still scared to face my real reality. Keep it up Kissysissy, my friend.  Love, Krista
Helpful - 0
And your mine!!!!!!!!  I am kinda in shock here...my body feels fine...day 4 or 5 for me now...I have been feeling so sick, and I woke up comfortable, and I still am in shock!  It is worth it to not give up!!!
  My biggest challenge now, is the mental/emotional part, today.  Pray for me, K?  I am stuck thinking I can't do anything with out "help" ya, know...but I am moving on!  I won't give up!  I will be sooooooo glad, come christmas...How are you doing today??
Oh, thanks for the info on David, I will go find his album/song!
Hang in there friend!!
~Kissy
Helpful - 0
Got em both!~! Thanks

J
Helpful - 0
171940 tn?1203627344
Hi girly, How are you today, you are my inspriation, and I know you must be doing well, because your not posting as much. I hope to hear from you soon K
PS ever heard of David Sylvian? Probally not, I got turned on to him in college, late 80's early 90's, anyways, see if you can find his song orpheus it's good
Helpful - 0
Also, Switchfoot's song..."Dare you to move"!!  Go get it!!!
listen to it!!!!  It will give you hope!!!!!
lots of love!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.