Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

concerned mom

My daughter's boyfriend has Hydrocodone in his bag....what does this mean? Help!
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Look for constricted pupils. I was addicted to hydrocodone for 2 years and when I was on it, my pupils were always tiny.

~riki
Helpful - 0
Hi again.  Just wondering how your doing and stuff.  Keep your guard up, because they can sweet talk their way out of anything.  A few posts up you mentioned her personality changing.  Be careful, that is a very good clue that she herself may be using.  Don't want to be a downer or nothing, but I was so naive and wanted to believe everything out of my sons mouth (only child also), and he pulled the wool over my eyes so many times that I don't believe anything he says to this day.  He is now 24!  He came to me in tears last night and admitted his again prescription drug abuse and pleaded for me to help him and get him into good treatment.  I sure hope he is serious because he is my only child and he has 2 girls himself, and from what I understand...twins coming in June.  We need some prayers ourself.  There is test out they you can buy to test for this stuff.  If you ever have the need....in hind site I think I would have made my son do one when he was under age and I could still make him..especially if they don't want to do it - then they most likely have something to hide I would say.  If you told her your suspicions about him and asked her if she was also doing them wonder if she would immediatly get defensive?  Hmmm something to think about maybe.  Good luck my friend.
Helpful - 0
I would be scared that he would tell her if I had that conversation with him.....that will have to be something I'll need to really think about. I am overwhelmed from the comments I have received about being a good mom. I think communication is a key factor and my daughter and I have always been very close and she is a joy. She has even told me that I was her best friend. Who knows what the right thing to do is, but this helps me with my decision making.
Thank you guys sooo much!!!!
Helpful - 0
I want to thank everyone for sharing your thoughts and information with me. I know that snooping in that bag was wrong, but I have had some suspisions and heard rumors, and that is why I looked. M357 was engraved in the pill and through some searching Hydrocodone is what I found. At this point, I don't have a reason to believe my daughter has been taking. There is a possibility he is selling. There seems to be an endless supply of money with him. He promises her all these nice things and she is soooo brainwashed. I try to stay on top of things, sometimes maybe too closely. I do know she will make mistakes and do things, I know she isn't perfect and I do want her to be NORMAL. Drugs worry me and I don't want her to make a mistake that she will have to live with the rest of her life!!!!!
Thanks alot guys, I will keep my eyes open!
Helpful - 0
Hi.  I was wondering what the reply above stated, if the bottle was unmarked how did you know what it was?  Doesn't really matter I guess.  I took vicodin, that was my pill of choice too - same thing.  It made me feel good, brave, happy, energetic, well at least while I was still buzzed from them.  When they wear off, you don't feel like that anymore, you feel tired, cranky, bitchy, I used to say some things that I wouldn't believe came out of my mouth.  Like others have said, that might be hard to tell because teenagers end up acting like that all on their own.  You are still her Mom, you are still the boss!  Get that test that someone told you about and do it.  If she refuses, she is probably using.  Why refuse it if your not??  Pain Pills are the thing right now, people getting into trouble to get them, stealing, faking injuries you name it.  They will get them and there is alot out there to get too.  Big money in selling pills.  Good luck, and don't give up.  My son and girlfriend were hooked on oxy contin - a worse drug - for over a year and none of us parents had a clue.  Her parents were both school teachers, so they can hide this well.  When they don't have any - that is when they can't function or even get out of bed.  I'll be thinking of you.
Helpful - 0
I agree with cakegirl - temper and irratic actions. But you should also look for red/water eyes - almost like they were up all night/glassy. You might also look for constant touching/itching nose and scratching/itching arms and body. Although this is usually sign from heavy, long-term use - I have seen it with just 2-3 pills taken daily for a short period of time.

Question? How did you know what it was if in an unmarked bottle?

j
Helpful - 0
171940 tn?1203627344
yep, Itchy for me around the nose and neck
Helpful - 0
171940 tn?1203627344
Also, very short tempered and sharp tounge, but that can just be teenager behavior too.
Helpful - 0

What are the effects of hydrocodone?

The primary effect of hydrocodone, the effect that hydrocodone abusers seek, is euphoria. This sensation is psychologically addictive and the drug itself is physically addictive.  There are other effects of hydrocodone as well, including dizziness and lightheadedness, and a sense of comfort or well-being that disappears when the effects of hydrocodone wear off. Often
Helpful - 0
Can you tell me how I would know if either one of them are high on this stuff? What are the symptoms???
Helpful - 0
This is all new to me. My daughter has always been a wonderful child. She has met this boy and her personality is different. I am not sure how to handle this. I may be jumping to conclusions; but I don't have a good feeling about this.  These pills were in an unmarked bottle. Any advice.....
Helpful - 0
Hydrocodone is a narcotic used to relieve pain.  It should not be taken without a prescription, but narcotics are increasingly popular for recreational use.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.