Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Tappering off hydrocodone

Can I am nearly out of my Hydrocodone stash and will run out before I complete my tappering plan.  Can I use ultrak to supplement so I can do the 10% reduction every 2 days or will Ultram interfere with my bodies ability to slowly adjust to the lesser amounts?
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
171940 tn?1203627344
I can't write too much now, gotta get to bed. Have to see 94 yr old grandma tommorow may be last time. will write tommorow afternoon.
I was in mobile 4days after Katrina, bro-in law in ocean springs Miss. tell you more about that tommorow. -K
Helpful - 0
i was doing some cleaning and found a bottle of approx 30 round white pills, u know how we hide pills from ourselves for backups and forget about them sometimes,  but i am not sure what they are. they have 54/543 on them, could they be percocet (generic), drug fog during those days not remember, but hate 2 destroy them when my brother could use them for legite reason and he is not an addict. to bad i not have his same -type  genes~~tks if you are a "PDR", lol ttyl take care, we are hanging in this together!!!
Helpful - 0
sorry just read the thread with your quest. in regaards to sub doc. i like you, was seeing a psych. for 2yrs(5 hr drive for me and sis):: who was a non-rx of sub, thus he never refered me 2 one, guess i did not insist and not think sub was avail then. but since going 2 the new psych. who prescribed the sub, i will be staying under his care, not only because i like him better and feel more comfy with him  and the mileage is much less to his office.(17 miles) i was upfront with the new doc. and told him i had taken a lortab the day prior 2 my visit and a .25 mg klonopin. the day of, and it was not a concern, thus i started the sub that night.(FRI) i was ready 2 see the last lortab go, u know for they have almost cost me all, family, b/f job etc. moreso me i was loosing it in a hurry. not helped that i am doing this in secret from my b/f ,(will be honest to him 1-day} just can not now. have a sister and g/f who are my support, tk god!!!so take all of the vics, then begin the sub. as it is prescribed 2 you.tis sun. am here in alabama, day 3 for me, cont 2 be doing better, praying the same with you, yes lets keep up with each other and anyone else who wants 2 join us on our progress- reaction 2 the sub, etc--got 2 go for a bit, back later. hope u my "friend" are doing well. peace and love 2 u/all
Helpful - 0
Suboxone has saved me,'YES'  given back my life, so much easier than the c/t method for i could not do it, thought i was going 2 die and did want to do so. i have been on all kinds of narcs for 30plus years. "i know it is early ",(ONE DAY @ A TIME)  started them friday night, (suboxone) under a psych.doctor, who was so understanding, AND TREATED ME WITH THE UPMOST RESPECT!!,  for i told him my life story, very honest bout all to him i was. visit was $200.00 and 15 s/L tabs were $74.00, tks goodness i have insurance but if not it would have been worth every penney, just not know what the future will be, if i am to stay on them a long time or taper, he will determine this as treat. contines. FINALLY AM ENJOYING LIFE AGAIN, almost scary, FOR I do not want to crash ever again or return to the "LORTAB HIGHWAY', BUT DO REALIZE THAT I AM A ADDICT AND SHALL NEVER FORGET THIS!!!! PRAYING THAT THIS IS A CHRISTMAS WISH COME TRUE. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!
Helpful - 0
Oh and side note.  What ever you do don't flush those pills.  If you want to get rid of them send some of them to me as I need like 10 more pills to taper slowly enough not to have real bad with drawals.  I will pay for postage !!! :-)
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the posting but I am not sure I understand what part did not work for you.  I just want to combine a couple of Ultram pills with my feeble supply of hydro-codone to stretch out the tapering a little longer until my next supply.  Do you think that would work?
Helpful - 0
I am thinking about going with suboxone if I can't taper down the rest of the way.  I never could taper down until I could not get any more.  I needed that extra help in order to do it.  Now I found I am going to run out before my next available amount and I don't want to w/d as I will loose my job and that was why I was asking about if I could combine my last few hydro-codone with some ultram to taper for longer and not as steeply.

I think the suboxone is the right way to go cakegirl.  Don't hide anything from the doctor.  Do a web search for suboxone available doctors in your area go to them and be fully honest so they can really help you.  You will get through this and get it taken care of.

Helpful - 0
171940 tn?1203627344
Hi guys, Rfactor I think it is so wonderful that you followed through with suboxone. I have not yet, I need to. I am not succeeding at this on my own. weaning is not working for me. I am ok for a few days, then my dose slips back up. I even feel I need to use all my willpower just to not allow my dose to go higher. Ok, I need to get to the doc. Please don't think less of me for this question, but I have 2/3rds of a bottle of assorted vics left. I can't imagine flushing them, even though I want to so badly on so many levels it is so hard. Maybe I should call around to the doc I printed of the subox web site , and see how long and how much to get in and make the decision from there. I have appt. with my shrink on dec 28th. He is not certified for subox. thanks rfactor, your experience is helping me so much, and to gsmith, are you thinking about this too. Let me know and maybe if you do, we will start about the same time. It is Sat. and I will be here for a little while. hope to here from you. K
Helpful - 0
i tried this as well as c/t did not work for me, but i am a long-time abuser 25yrs. my last resort was the suboxone way, and thus far it has been great, only day 2 of this tx. @ this point i highly recommend it. good luck and we like everyone else are here for each others support. "hang in here",with us  do not give-up!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.