Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Coming off Hydrocodo/Loritabs....boohoo

This has been a wonderful/yet terrible experience. I must say I love the feeling that I get when I take Loritabs, but of course as most of you know you have to take more and more and the feelings last shorter and shorter. I'm planning to quit cold turkey tomorrow. Not really by choice, but because I have to. I only have 5 10mg hydros and 2 7.5's. I know I will probably take those tonight. I normally take them becuae I get terrible headaches, but over the course of taking them for headaches I started taking them for the "high" feeling. I still get the headaches and don't know what I will do about them for now, but I know I need to get away from these pills. I wish I had enough to do a detox, but I don't... I could probably, but don't feel like searching for them.
Anyways, I tried to save these 6 7.5's for later on tonight, and I started to feel the beginning of what I was going to experience going cold turkey. I don't think it will be easy. I'm going to try stay active tomorrow and taking a bunch of Excedrin Migraine's to ease the headaches. Well, just didn't want to do this alone so thought I'd post here for to give some support and to get it.
My name is Butterfinger 15 and I'm a Loriholic... :)
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey friends i understand all your pain,but i see it from the other point of view my wife takes tabs like candy and i dont know what to do she says she will go to rehab but she has not made an attempt to do so she only say she will go when she has the tabs. i hate the menal abuse that she puts me thru when she doesnt have them she treats me like i am the worst guy in the world and just to tell you about myself when i meet her she had two kids and i have work and provided for her since she doesnt have to work i pay everything but i want her to get herself together i am tired of dealing with diffrent drug dealers i dont know what to do, and i just dont understand how she can go from being nice when she has them to being mean and hatefull when she dont any help would be gratelly appreciated thanks
Helpful - 0
Today is DAY 4 .... hooray....muscle ache, joint aches.... = Advil.   It seems to calm all that down   There are times I want to just say screw this... it's not worth it....but I've made it this far.   Next week after X-mas I'll go to the Drs.

The runs have not stopped  yet, either has the stomach cramping.  Mostly at night though.   Yesterday I actually managed to get out for a couple hours.   This misery is my X-mas present to me... it can't last forever...RIGHT?    You are talking to a person who never left the house w/o my Vics.  NEVER!  SO this is a big whoop for me.   Still have zero appetite, and I'm little to start with... I'm afraid to get on a scale.   But the weight issue is insignificant at this point...I can re-gain that back.

My lack of willingness to do anything just slopes along....the physical side affects are just too much.   I'm sorta glad I didn't have too much planned for X-mas I would not have been able to do much.   Methadone withdrawl seemed even scarier to me... this cold turkey thing should be over within a couple of days.   The advil is helping more than anything.

Thanks to all of you who have offered help.... and who are reading me whine.   If y'all didn't understand this I'd really have no one around me to tell any of this too....Maybe when we are all "clean"...you can all come here and we'll do a day trip to the Shore and Atlantic City.

Thanks
Merry Christmas
Gips
Helpful - 0
hi

This is my first full day.....pain in my joints muscleshave calemnd down with some advil.  Plenty of water ind vits.   I can at least hold my head up today...even if it's just for a half hour or so.  food is a non-entity.   I can't eat.  I keep thinking of all the fun I could have over the holidays to gain weight back.  

I really didn't think it was going to be quite this bad...but last day or so have been horrible.   If I have to wean off Xanax they Iwill but I honestly think all the other stuff was being caused by the consistent use of Hydro.    Hopefully it won't be a seveve as this.

I'm not exactly sure what Suxonxone is or what Methadone would do to help...but i'm sorry I didn't do much investigaiton.    I just did't see trading one for another;

Maybe tapering would have beeb a much better idea...but I;n half way there.

we'll see what happens by tomorrow.

Gipp

Helpful - 0
I'm with you girl - NOBODY knows - and I could never say anything to anyone about this.  i think that is why this forum is so good for me.

The thought of food for me has been repulsive too - but I knew i needed to eat something.  The banana wasn't too bad and the powerade went down really well.

Start with the powerade/gatorade first - and then work your way up to something else to eat.  

I did take motrin - it seemed to help one night and then next night nothing.  So - you can always give that a shot - and see what happens.
That taps any advice I can give....anyone else???
Helpful - 0
Thanks....I can't tell anyone around me about this.... no one knows... I did a prety good job of hiding it to the world....

I do feel somewhat better today.   No shakes but the muscle pain is over the top.

This is like the worst flu I ever had.    I am sleeping which is a good thing.  I suppose but I did take some Xanax for that.   I'll just stop that eventually as well....the thought of food totally repuleses me...but I've been drinkin water a popping B=complex.

Maybe some advil will help with the body aches.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gip
Helpful - 0
Hang in there girl - 24 hours is a tremendous job!  Each hour ticks by sooooo slow - and to make it that long is GREAT!

Be strong - we, despite not being able to reach out and touch you - are TRULY here for you!  We are all going through this!

Keep thinking - it does get better.  And if you take more - it only sets you back - that is what I have to remind myself.  I want this addiction BEHIND me - not something I keep wanting to confront- so hour by hour - know that you are beating this!

Drink the gatorade/powerade - eat bananas - you know - I tried this - and it really does help!  I felt really good yesterday after doing that - (well, better than i have felt) - and surprisingly - I went several hours w/o feeling like I needed to pop a pill.  It did catch up with me at night - but I was just happy to feel "normal"

Hang in there!  I'm proud of your 24 hours!  I really am.  I have yet to go 24 hrs w/o anything - I've only made it to the 24 hour mark with 5mg.

Keep it up girl!  and keep us posted!

Love, mema
Helpful - 0
Just Hello to everyone.... I'm not  too so pretty right now... butI got through my fisrt 24 hours.  I had to take a .5 of the Xanax.. between my hips hurting and my noseruninng.... real bad pains in the stocmach I just needed to settle down.   Can't stop crying I guess I'm really feeling sorry for myself.

If the symptoms don't calm down tomorrow I'm going to a hosp.

I hope somewhere outhere you are all doing better than me right now.

Thanks
Helpful - 0
Well I was to get a few more. Seems like those 6 7.5's kept me ok for the rest of the night, but my headache started to come back so I took some more before I went to sleep.

I have alloted 27.5 mg each day to help ween me off. I don't know if I will even feel these, but I am planning to take one each day for the next 3 days, hopefully I can take them around 7-9pm. My biggest other problem is they help me to sleep, so I will try some Lunesta the next few nights as well, I suppose.

Thanks for the help.
I don't want to call the dr, because these pills have not been prescribed to me, but are given to me from someone who does have a prescription, but knows about my headaches.
Helpful - 0
i have been on hydro/vicoden for 3 to 4 years now, i have read the signs of addiction and believe you can get hooked on them. it says in every thing that i have read , that its easy to get addicted and not even know it. so, one day i decided not to take my meds. any more, i did not experience any signs that i have read. some people say,,,,that they get a buzz from the pills, i never have gotten what they call a buzz. "or maybe i have and just didn't know it" on bad days i have taken 2 pills at the same time, but.... it made me sick to my stomach, and my head felt heavy as to where i layed on the couch and didn't want to talk or move. "like a hang over from acohol the next day." maybe thats the buzz, i don't know. but not for me!
so needless to say, i never take more than my body needs. allso i thought i would mention that on the label it says take 2 a/day, but i never do!  i have been perscribed these since 2003, and i probably take 1 a week/2 a week. i do have other means of pain relief, ex: spa, pool, heating pads, a tins unit. maybe thats the difference!
and i wanted to mention from the day i was prescribed these pain killers, a family member showed great concern towards me and these pills. she works with methodone patients, and allso is so quick to tell me not to take these pills. she scares me with some of her horror storys of her patients.
Helpful - 0
good luck with your plan for tomorrow. Wish I could offer you more, but I find these groups do help.

Showers if you start feeling real cold helped me (a little).

Paul
Helpful - 0
Oh yea and I've been taking them pretty much everyday for the past 6-8 months I'm guessing. I usually always wait until about 10:30ish PM to take 4-6 10mg loritabs, but have started needing them in the daytime for these headaches as well. I get nasty tastes in my mouth when it's time for me to take them... its crazy.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.