Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

vicodin withdrawls

okay, so, here i am. first timer. vicodin. i had a horseback riding accident only 3 months ago. only took vicodin for about a week or two at 2 tablets every 4 hours. heard that you could become addicted so i went down to 1 or 2 every other day. so i thought i was fine. then i just had surgury. outpatient. right before hand i had these horrible muscle jerks and couldn't sleep. i thought it was anxiety for the upcoming surgury. so, here i am, had to spend an extra 4 days in the hospital form complications. they put me on vicodn. im thinking its still all good right? i got home today. now i can't sleep. muscle jerks. weird, really weird thoughts racing through my mind. found this site and spend the next 30 minutes crying at my computer because i have 9 out of the 14 symptoms listed for vicodin withdrawl. could i really be hooked so fast so soon? it's not like ive been taking this for years! it this for real? i never did drugs, never smoked. im a health nut, have three kids and an awesome husband. is this for real?
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey my name is Randy, I have been a vicodin addict for a little under 3 years,  and when i say 3 years, I mean havent missed a day!   So yesterday I decided that I was done taking this stupid medication.  Today I have done nothing but puke for 4 hours and sweat and Shake.  I found out from an old herion addict that chocolate and orange juice works great.    And if u can get your hands on some poppy seed muffins,  it actually tricks your body into thinking your still getting an adequit dose of that herion like subtance,   untill your body can actually detox the vicodin from your body and make your life back to normal.   I dont know about the muffins,   but i tried the choclate and the o.j.   and it really works as far as getting vitamins back in your body and the chocolate helps settle and coat your stomache.  I also found through today that drinking milk is helping toooo.   It isnt gone, but helping, Typical side effects from detox can last up to a month ive heard in some people, Im hoping not,  but i hope it works out for u.  I just have to get off this drug,  good luck!
Helpful - 0
just read that there is a wonderful drug named suboxone the person that wrote it said 1 dose and your w/d free hope that helps
Helpful - 0
can any body tell me how long these headaches and sleepless nights last
Helpful - 0
Hey so this is my first time on this site and i was looking at the withdrawl symptoms for vicodin and i have a few of them! I havent been able to sleep the last few nights and im about to go crazy!!! when i try and fall asleep i get uncontrollable urges to move in my legs and arms. Last night i was up till 7 am tossing and turning!! Right now im dreading going to sleep!! I just need something to help me sleep then i will be fine. I took Tylonal PMs and it still didnt work. Do u have any suggestions?
Helpful - 0
so, taking both won't like, cause some overdose or anything? i haven't been able to eat in six days, my head feels like it's going to explode. sometimes i think it would be easier just to give in and move on with my life.
Helpful - 0
thanks, i had sort of heard that too. bad day today. my doct STILL hasn't called me back!
Helpful - 0
thank you all for you kind words. i never thought i would be in this position. i feel so stupid and weak. anyway, i called my obgyn, who i actually like better than my general phys. he listened, then told me NOT to talk about it with my general, then he said he wants to put me on xanex. okay didn't spell that right.but then he said i would have to wean off of that too. im confused. why would i try and make it better with another addictive med? im not a pro, but it sounds wrong......
Helpful - 0
Hi Sky;
You have come to the right place. I just found this site also just 3 days ago. What a great place!!! Lots of great people and information here.

My suggestion is this..seeing you have not been on them that long, you are concerned about the addiction factor..that is great that you are able to reconize this, because that means you can nip it in the bud now. Right now at this point I would stop taking them. I know it sounds easy, but if I knew then what I know now and saw my addiction coming I would have stopped them right then. Now I am where I feel I can't get back...please do not get this far. If nothing else take only 1 if you absolutely need it for the pain until you can Talk with your dr., tell him/her your concerns and they will help you not only with an alternative to not having to suffer the withdrawels but can also give you something else ( non addicitive)  for your pain.
I hope this helps you, please do let me know how you are doing!
good luck!
Helpful - 0
awsomely put js...makes me look at my addiction in a totally  different way. Thank you for this post.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.