Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How to taper from Hydro more??

OK - I'm down from 5 hydros to 1 a day - split in half taking it every 12 hours.  (which still isn't cake, but I'm managing!)
HOW do I taper even more???

I seem to do fine until certain times - like right now, it is excruciating!  The aches, the cold, the hot, the - well, we all know!  My question is - am I just a wimp - and need to suck it up???  And be stronger mentallY???  

I did up to 17 hours with a half tab - and then caved.  I still haven't gone past one whole tablet - even though there are those moments - but how can I cut back even more?
I have been at 10mg now for one week - when should I cut that in half??

Any advice would be great - I don't want to take anything else besides my vitamins - as I don't want to get addicted to something to break this one.  

Maybe all I need to hear is to suck it up - and hang in there??  But if someone has been this close to tapering completely off - please let me know!  

Thanks to all -
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks sweety, I needed that!
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your words and prayers.  I'll take what I can get!  I'm glad you found this site - as I know I'm now "hooked" on this site.  

I find that it gives me strength to handle this - knowing I'm not alone - b/c technically, I'm doing this detox on my own w/o my spouse or anyone knowing.  I'd be mortified if he knew how addicted I became.  He knows I am prescribed meds - but he thinks that I've managed to stay off of them and only use when necessary.  

So, thanks to all for the support - I have to say, right now, I'm feeling good - but it is kind of waiting for the other shoe to fall - and that is when I hate myself.  I hate having the w/d feelings.  I feel like such a loser.  And then I take the other half of the pill.

ANYWAY!  Enough of that - time for positive thoughts - clean thoughts for all of us!
Helpful - 0
WOW! You have come a long way!! I envy you as well. From 5 down to 1?? I wish I could do that! But the more I read I may be able to finally do this with everyone else.

That is a HUGE acomplishment!!! Like everyone else said, take it slow. From 5 to one that fast alone is just great! I know that feeling of man if I take another, I can do this, this and this....if I take only a half I am STILL depressed. You are a very strong person and are doing GREAT!!! WOW!!!

I would not stop them c/t, that is unless you feel you can do it. Keep doing what you are doing now, do not go back! Please do not go back!..Just keep up what is working right now for you, and worry about the rest another day. One day at a time sweety! Soon as you feel you can go down to just that ONE half a day, girl you go!! Don't let anything stop you....then after that it is FREE FREE hun!! You are almost free!!

CONGRATS to you!!!!! Just awsome!!!

Many blessings and prayers your way!!

Helpful - 0
Thanks - I'm trying really hard.  This forum, by far has helped me the most.  
I think what I need to get into my little head is the fact every time I take - it just postpones the w/d even more - and isn't helping.

I still get the "I can do everything" feeling after taking 1/2 tab - and that is not good.  I took my 1/2 this morning and got a lot done - but the problem is that it wants to draw you in more!!!!  Well, if I take one more 1/2, I can do this and this.....

Thanks for the words of encouragement - and advice.  And once again - anyone who knows if I should just STOP and go c/t at this rate - or go to 5mg a day for awhile and then stop....any advice will be taken!!!!(vs those darn pills!!!!!!)

Helpful - 0
Hey...one pill a day is a BIG acomplishment! Never feel a loser!!
( Again giving advice I don't follow myself! )

Anyhow....I am glad to hear your positive attitude, that is great!

Thank you again for sharing with us! I also just like you...am only able to vent here. I have 2 friends out of many that are the only 2 that know. They also use them. But seem to be able to handle it so much better than I, when they
are running low, or out. Although they do try to sleep alot.
My closest friend I have not told because I admitted it to her once before and she got really upset with me, and thinks I am no longer on them daily. Thinks only as needed. I cannot have that right now. I need the support, not the judgement.

Keep up the great work, and PLEASE keep me posted!!
Helpful - 0
Thank you jm! I appreciate those words! Makes me feel I am actually doing something positive for once in a looong time!!
Helpful - 0
If all you need to hear is suck it up. Here it is. :o)
You have come a long way. Don't give up. Hold your chin high.

I can't offer much advice on further tapering. But maybe someone else can.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.