Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Thomas Recipe??

Has anyone here ever heard of the Thomas Recipe??  If so, does it work??  Let me know, I was thinking about doing it but i'm scared.  I have everything that it says but I heard that someone has DIED on it...I don't know. Thanks everyone!!
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
heck yeah it works!  i've never responded to one of these, but i was on methadone maintenance and while i didn't exaclty quit cold turkey, i stopped on tuesday at 9 mgs (today is monday)  i have used everything he said, plus i went to my local detox unit and convinced them what a motivated patient i was, so they saw me outpaitient and threw in some trazodone (for sleep) and a little clonidine (sheisty though) so anyway, i am up very early b/c still not sleeping so good, but i feel really good.  not to say that i don't have good hours and bad hours, but i know it in my heart, i'm gonna make it this time.
by the way, since i dosed on tuesday, does today make day 7 for me?
Helpful - 0
Super ad.
cakegirl
Ms. bw
frommooon

Happy times for you all. We all begin anew tommorrow.
Helpful - 0
30 tablets...!! i'm an idoit!
Helpful - 0
well,  I've been doing a little bit of that recipe mostly just the L-Tyrosine.  I've cut down from 30+ to @ the most 10.  I just don't know if i should take Vicodin and do the recipe.  I'm NOT positive if someone died from it but that's pretty scary.  Also, I've been starting up my Anti - depressant.  That seems to be working the best !!!  Hopefully this will all pass....
Helpful - 0
I was also interested in the recipe. Just a question, when you say 30 down to 10 - are you talking mg or # of tablets.  I guessed you were talking number of tabs but was not sure.
Helpful - 0
I've ready many stories of the success of the Thomas Recipe.  Nothing will get you thur opiate detox pain free.  What ever you chose to do, there will be discomfort.  Hot baths, immodium AD, sleep meds, some anti anxiety meds, protein foods, OJ if you can stomach it, or Gatorade.  Good luck, you should be thru this in a week or so with withdraw symptoms gradually getting better day by day.
Helpful - 0
171940 tn?1203627344
I know you can find the receipe here on this site in the archives. I actually found this site by doing a google search of vicodin wean. The page that opened up had the thomas receipe on it. Have not tried it, Mostly seems reasonable, if someone died from it, probally from the valium or other benzo.... no idea.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.