Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

TO ALL OF US SUFFERING, AND THOSE WE LOVE WHO SUFFER

This forum has been just the greatest thing I have found. I have got to say that! This is the best Christmas Present I could get..being here!!
I am by far from clean, but the posts I read them all, and I have got to say I am starting to feel I may also be able to do this. With all of every one of your's help...of course!!

I also would like to give a HUGE WAY TO GO to those of you who are freeing yourself from whatever addiction it is you may have...also a HUGE HUGE thank you to those of you who are clean and are so committed to stay here with us, reading our posts, offering your advice and sharing your experiences..that truly is what is helping us all through!

I wish you all the Best for the upcoming Holidays....and the new year ahead.

Together we ALL can do this....and there is just so much hope, care and love here that I cannot express how happy I am I have found this forum.

I look forward to more reading, more experiences, and even if I am not clean "yet" I hope that I may at least be able to help someone else if I am not able to help myself just yet.

We will all get there!!
God Bless Every One Of You from the bottom of my heart!!
vicaddict
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello, I am new to this forum and like all of you i am suffering through this living hell right now with all of you.
Mine has been a 4 year struggle with vics for my knees and neck then the docs moved me up to morphine and percs, that was a major mistake my addiction went through the roof. I did ok when it was just the vicoden but to those of u out there hurting do not go up to the next level of pain relief.
   My storie starts with my wife she had a 60's pill poppin father who took them for kicks so as a child she had seen it all before the age of ten. I was a thrill seeker any extreme sport out there I've done it or tried it and so came along all the major injuries that acompany those types of sports. I am now 36 years old and with two kids those days are behind me but the pain from the abuse to my body has started to set in knees are shot already could be getting knee replacement surgery for both anytime i want and bone degenerative in 6 of my necks discs. Thus started to go to my pain and management div. at one of our local hosp. and was prescribed vicaprophen and instantly fell in love with it kept it together for 1 year then they switched me onto vicodin because of insurance reasons and some ibuprophen 400 ml tabs to help, well they did not work as good but they worked, To soon i just kept needing more got up to about 8 tabs a day and 1600 to 2000 ml of the ibuprophen a day which is horrible for the liver. So I went back and they gave me morphine tabs and percs I was on them for 2 months did not like the morphine so they put me on the patch and I did not think it was working so i was popping percs like candy because i could fell when the vics would kick in and not the others.So my wife noticed the danger signs and said I was done once she explained them to me in a loud voice haha I understood and said i was done.
    I have been weening off the over the last five days with vics I read how to do it to late we started me off with about 40 percent of what i was taking the first four days were hell but today i feel ok like all of you said take it 1 minute at a time and if it gets too bad cry it releases natural endorphins into the body to help fell asleep for awhile on the second day after a good cry. well thats about it sorry for it being so long but seein all the help and luv in this forum I just passing my story along to thos of you that it might help.
Luv all of U and godbless,
              M@DM@N
Helpful - 0
Hey there hun! You hit the nail on the head...it is tetering in my mind...has been since I found the forum...but at least now I feel I can do it in time.. and I really don't feel it is so hopeless as I did before I came here. And that is all thanks to all of you here with me. Before I came here I had NO hope, thought I was trapped where I am and nothing could help. But now I do have hope!!

I am not going to give up...I am just having a hard time not giving in! Its soo soo hard...

Thank you for your response hun!!

How are you doing??

Helpful - 0
Thank you again hun! You are awsome too! I by no means am clean..I really really want and need to get there. But I can see now since I have come here.. the thought of stopping is more and more on my mind than needing to take those nasty pills. As I said I am not clean, not by far. But I am getting more and more of the urge to get there instead of ignoring it and just popping them in my mouth all the time!

I (today)took  4...I cannot say I will stay there for sure, but that alone is HUGE for me. 4 I normally take within 2 hours!

Keep posting, I love reading and responding!!

Helpful - 0
Thank you snuggles, and CONGRATS to you on being free of those pills! The fact alone that you went out and went shopping is an acomplishment in itself!! I envy you..thank you also for the caring words, offering your help and for sharing your experience as well.

Very strong and sweet person you are!

ps:
I may take you up on that, contacting you if I need help.. I need all I can get!!

Thank you!

Helpful - 0
great post im on my 7th day of no vicodin,still not totally myself but getting there.this post has helped me alot.i plan on staying away from vicodin.it wasnt helping anymore,becoming more uncomfortable taking it then kicking the habit.for all others who is on the same path as me keep it up.for those that want to quit,do it.it feels very much like the flu maybe a little more painful but each day gets easier.i can now sleep at night even went shopping today.my prayers and thoughts are with all of you i have had a 6 year addiction.and if it takes a week or 2 to get rid of it well worth it.good luck in your own journy and if you need some support i will be glad to help you thru.because it helps so much to know others care about what you are going thru,and i do care take care and i wish you all the best snuggles071
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.