Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Nasal Septum Damage

I have recently used cocaine, a bit more than i should have. In the past 2 months ive probably spent 300$ ish on it. The other night i fell out of my bed and landed face first on the nose, and my nose changed directions so now it is in pain, bruised, and crooked, i went to the doctor, got an x-ray, and was told nothing was broken but i needed to go to an ENT doctor. The thing is i dont want the doctors to say anything to the parentals about my abuse. Would they even notice, or have i f***** up too much already?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
heres a little of my story and my surgen is the best around and he said my septum and nasel cavities were the worst hes ever seen. i did coke 8months snorted percocet 2 years and used afrin quite often i was using bout an 8ball (3.5grams) a day and it took that long for my septum to form a hole. i used another 2 months and now the hole in my septum is the size of my thumb and it is the worst pain ever!! STOP NOW ITS THE ONLY WAY TRUST ME IM ONLY 22YEARS OLD MYSELF. DO NOT USE AFRIN NOSE SPRAY ONLY SALEEN AND SOAK IT DOWN WITH TONS OF SALEEN SPRAY EVERY DAY.ALSO SNORT SOME WARM WATER EVERY FEW HOURS TO HELP KEEP IT CLEAN AND WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT PICK AT IT. I JUST WISH SOMEBODY WOULD HAVE TOLD ME BEFORE THIS IM ON MY 2ND OF 3OR 4 SURGERIES AND THE REST OF MY LIFE WILL SUFFER FROM THIS YEAR OR SO OF STAYING COKED UP...OH AND ONE MORE THING YOUR NOSE IS A HUMIDEFIER FOR ALL THE AIR YOU BRETHE WELL I NOW BREATHE STRAIGHT AIR AND CAN NOT BE AROUND A FAN OR BREATHE COLD AIR OR MY THROAT BURNS FOR HOURS..ALL THIS MAN IT AINT WORTH IT
Helpful - 0
yeh, ive been off the powder for a while, and im not planning on going back to it. the broken nose was enough for me, im not ready for anything more.
Helpful - 0
anyone? i have to see him tomorrow -_-
Helpful - 0
147172 tn?1226758178
I doubt you've done enough damage at this point to have deteriorated your nose cartilage but keep it up and you will.  Also, your doctor is your doctor.  There is something called Dr/Patient confidentiality.
My suggestion is that you stop now before you do more damage and before your parents find out and before you ruin your life because it spirals out of control and it will.  It definitely will.
Good luck to you.
Helpful - 0
Im 16, i dont want them to tell my parents, correct.
Helpful - 0
93654 tn?1247499334
Do you mean you don't want them saying anything to your parents? How old are you?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.