Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

sleepless in seattle

well here I go. Im on my 7th day of stoping a about 2 year Norco pill fest(thats Hydrocodone10mg). Im really scared and NO ONE knows about this. I was at anywhere from 24-35 pills a day, 4-6 at a time no big deal. I have a very successful business with a partner and I feel if he knew there would be trouble, we made a big mistake this year, or should I say I did. I dont think the pills had anything to do with it but I carry that heavey on my mind. anyway I can handle the withdrawls and the spacy feelings but the sleep at night is starting to take its toll. I tryed a over the counter sleep aid and a shot of booz just got a head ache, I seem to fall a sleep at 4-6 am and up at 8-9 if lucky.
Now to my big delima, I really feel that I have to tell my Wife. she and the kids are the main reason Im doing this, well and for me to. Im not very good at stating my faults and Im very worried as to what she will say. I know that she will most likely not be supprised but still it will be the hardest thing to do. can someone help me Im in the Seattle area (why the corny title) HAHA what can I do to get back some sleep, does anyone know of a doctor in the area and do I need one? I really dont want to just trade one addiction for another so valium or the like Im not to kneen on but if it is needed I would think about it. I need some advice please. I have never posted something like this personal stuff so go easy on me, well better yet just let me have the stright talk.
Thanks Andy
PS sorry if I misspelled no spell check
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi. Just checking in. Add one more voice for moral support. Yes, the sleep thing. Man-o-man that sucks. I have to wrap my mind around staying up until 6-7 am. I would suggest cat naps, 10-20-30 minutes through-out the day. (: If you are at work you can hide in the can for ten minutes and just close your eyes...it helps.) Walking before bedtime. I am not being crude here but if you have a lover sex helps in more ways than one: it relaxes you, and also for a short time removes those HORRIBLE thoughts: I am going to lie here for hours awake. Also since you are already in bed you can just close your eyes and sort-of-drift away all thoughts on your lover (be they wife or?).
        Good luck. (Yes and save some of that luck for me).
Helpful - 0
Lunesta (the blue pill) is a wonder drug IMO. Please stay away from Ambien (it's a benzo) my friend. I became dependent on that stuff and a tolerance builds. I would suffer the worst anxiety attacks if I ran out. Lunesta actually helped me get off the vikies. Lunesta is non-habit forming, and there is no tolerance. You can simply be on 1 pill a night and sleep like a baby.

I am fascinated with regards to your vicodin consumption. 30 pills in a day. HOW ON EARTH DID YOU FEEL? YOU MUST HAVE FELT LIKE MOSES! I simply can't fathom taking that many. How's your liver? Any health concerns?
Helpful - 0
I had the same problem with sleep and I still have not had a real night of sleep.  Today is day 30 for me not touching oxycontin and I was badly addicted to it.  I suggest that you should go to a doctor and tell them the truth.  He or She will help you go to sleep.  Suboxone works great as a short term solution but you dont want to get addicted to that either.  Another good way is getting a pescription to something like ambien or seroquil.  Im prescribed to seroquil and it is helping me get to sleep at night but im still falling asleep at 6am every night but I am getting full nights of sleep.  Now I just have to try to go to sleep earlier but I definitly feel a lot better now.  You dont want to get into valium or xanax because they are very addictive as well.  Hope this helps you.
Helpful - 0
Tell your wife.  I don't know how supportive she is but my boyfriend has been clean off oxys for 3 months now.  He goes to the doctor every 3 weeks now for his treatment and I'm very proud of him.  I always supported him & still would even if he relapsed.  He knows that I love him 110%.  I believe it's a disease & not a choice to be an addict.  It's so much better when you have someone that can help you through this.  My boyfriend's withdrawls weren't that bad b/c he went on suboxone.  But the first couple of days were really tough.  Insomnia is a big side effect of withdrawl. There are a couple of different treatment options out there to get off this stuff.  You may have to get off of it alone but you don't have to go through it alone.  Happy Holidays!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.