Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

withdrawing from oxy

I need some help and advice here. I have Hep. C. And went into treatment for a year. The Doc. also put me on Oxy. I was taking 40's five times a day. And 10's twice a day. After treatment I started to detox off the Oxy. I would not say I was cruising along without pain or discomfort, but with heart I clawed my way down to around two 20's a day...40 mg in all. It was like hitting a brick wall. My head was screaming and my brain was jumping out of my head. After four days of this I called my Doc. He took me back up to 60mg a day to even me out for two weeks. The frist fews days it worked and I again clawed my way down to 40mg a day. SMASH! The brick wall again. Can somebody tell me what the hell is going on. The worst of it is the head thing. It is like a train is screaming in my head. One more thing. About halfway into my treatment I started to crush the pills and snort them...is this causing the proplem? I would be thankfull for any sugg. or help at all. Thanks for your time.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes you probably did it to yourself by snorting them- you should stop that and then try again to ween off. Dont be tempted to get methodone- that is even more addictive then oxy's.
Helpful - 0
Dayummm...yeah I have heard of this but never knew anyone personally doing it. Crushing the pills and snorting is a way of getting rid of the time release (they were made to give you a time released amount of medicine every so often) but I have heard of people crushing them and snorting..but never really met or talked to anyone who has done it, till now. But you can really screw yourself doing that. Hell I think that some people have died from doing it..so you probably should quit. I have even heard of people crushing it and smoking it, like in Mar**na. There are Methadone Clinics and you should do a search for one in your local area. The government came up with these clinics so that people could have a chance to live a normal life after Heroin. I started the Methadone Clinic almost 2 years ago and it has saved my life. After reading the posts here in this forum, I think I am going to make a website for others like me, that can find help. God Bless you!
                   Jess 'da Rabbit  ;)
Helpful - 0
well i did the same thing 3years ago, i started crushing the pills and snorting them..this is part of the problem becuz by d0ing that your bypassing the time release coating and putting ALL 40mg into your bloodstream at once wich is boosting your tolerance wich is making it harder to get off of.  my advice is dont crush them lol and lower your dose VERY slowly. or even try a methodone program or suboxone or subutex when your dose is lower.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.