Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Xanax

I have been on Xanax for over 2 years now and up 2 10-12 mg per day. My doc gives me 120 per month. It does help me keep the anxiety down, and i had graves disease so i lost my thyroid and take a beta blocker too 20 mg per day. I dont drink. sometimes I get REALLY DEPRESSED and lose my confidence at work in sales. IS that the xanax or should i go on more meds?....I do like the xanax and yes i know i am addicted to it. I also smoke over 10 joints per day so i know i have problems. But i am concerned about this man made pill so any help about long term effects or advice thank you...i had paxil,zoloft and depokote before but nuthin never really worked like the xanax
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
xanys make people very bitchy,moody sleepy restless and a long list of other besides. Besides that they are some of the only drugs that dissolve in your fat cells(that means thirty days of hell for detox)just like Valium(or pot)
This is prob the completly wrong advice but here it goes.
w/t the xan I would talk to your doc and slowly ween your self off lor, clor, diaz and pretty much any thing like a xany are evil to those of us who forsake moderation.
  Now about the ganja you can smoke your whole life then wake up one morning and find that all o a sudden it gives you paranoia panic attacks or just makes you nervous, this may be your case(this is especially true if you have receantly went a time without grass.
but other then that at ten a day Bob himself is smiling down from heaven, but you should probly cut back all the same, since its fat soluable it builds up and you just stop getting "stoned"you could achieve the same effect w/t 2 a day consumed properly.

P.S. I doubt I have been much I am going through detox right now myself so thoughts are pretty disjointed i will check back in a week or two to tell you weither I was full of #*$@ or not.

Good luck and more importantly God(however you view him)Bless
Helpful - 0
I've been thinking about your post for two days now....

From my point of view...Xanax are the worst... I guess we all have our demons.    I've been using them the last week to help me calm down through withdrawal of Hydros.   But, I'm going to the Drs today to see if she won't help me get off these.  

Between the Xanax and the weed?  How do you stay awake... God Bless ya... I'd be a total gonner.

Personally, for me the Xanax was causing me depression.  Since I cut back my doses I truly can say I am feeling a lot better.  Still doing the 1 mg at night to get me to sleep.

You ... yourself have to know whether or not it's your time to quit.   You..are the only one who knows what you are feeling inside and how you want to live the rest of your life.   One step at a time.   I've learned this much.   No one quits anything..supervised, in-house detox, whatever unless they are ready.   Going through a withdrawl is miserable.   I guess you might want to do some soul searching.  

Hopefully you will make the right decisions for yourself

Gip
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.