Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Holidays and Withdrawl

Hi everyone... and thanks to those of you who thought about me and wrote.   Merry Christmas.

It's been a rough few days for me... and I'm just realizing that my body is not only in withdrawl, I'm actually sick as well.  Double endeminity.   Pease forgive me spelling, I'm actually typing a lot better today than yesterday.  

I was so hell bent and determined not to go to the Drs.... but I'm making an appt. first thing tomorrow.  THIS SUCKS!

I don't even have enough strength in my hands to hold a Cig. Lighter w/o dropping it.  Anyway... it's day 4.... it has to be over soon.   If anyone here needs any support or any reason to think that they don't need help...take the time and give yourself a gift and read through all these post.

Going form 10 pills a day down to one is TERRIFIC....  Eventually you will really "get" the need for that (1) won't be necessary hopefully.   To be perfectly honest, I would never had the urge to stop if I didn't continually need more to do the same amount... then even with more I did less.   My personality was turning into someone I didn't even recognize.

I never knew that Ultram/Tramadol was a narcotic...go figure.

Merry Christmas to you all and I just want to say thanks to all of you who have had the courage to share honestly.   You all have helped more than I have words to say.

XoXo
Gip
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yep! I strongly suggest a methadone clinic for anyone trying to get off of opiates. I've been clean for 5 months thanx to Methadone!

~Riki
Helpful - 0
I am trying to detox from hydrocodon.  I was taking 5- 30 mg tabs a day.  I am down to taking 1/3 of a tab every 6 hours. i try to go longer but my legs ache so bad i can't stand it and i could not sleep.  I have an appointment tuesday for suboxone treatment.  I have read that the withdrawals from that are just as bad.  Does anyone have anything positive to say about sub. or should i just tough this out on my own. I need to get off the hydro it is making my life a nightmare.
Helpful - 0
Hey
Yes Sub. is  narc. Is used for short and long term detox. I don't know much about it. Found a Sub. Chat/info site. Lots of info there. It seems many detox clinics use it.
Below is a post  from Yankeesomething who is useing Sub.
     I pretty much had the same exact experiences of you. I started off taking percocets and moved up the ladder until I was snorting 500-600 mg's of oxycontin a day for about 2 years. I told my parents that I was having a problem with it and they sent me to a detox. While I was at the detox the NA meetings came up to me and really helped me realize what I had to do to stop. First of all you should either go to a detox or find a doctor around you that will prescibe you suboxone. It really works well if taken properly. I have my own prescription to suboxone because I had tried to quit several times before going into the detox. A lot of doctors dont or cant prescibe suboxone properly. If you can get your hands on them. The proper way to take it is wait till you are feeling withdrawal the first day and take an 8mg sub. Find multivitamins that will help you with detoxing you can find them at any vitamin store and take them through the process. The second day take 4 mgs in the morning 2mgs in the afternoon and 2mgs at night. The third day take 2mgs in the morning 2mgs in the afternoon and 2mgs in the evening. The fourth day take 2mgs in the morning and 2mgs in the evening. The fifth day take 1mg in the morning and 1mg in the evening. On the sixth day take one mg at around 6pm. After that the withdrawal should be gone but if not it will be very easy withdrawal to get through and tylenol will take care of the aches for the next couple days as needed.
Helpful - 0
Exactly what is Suboxone? (sp)

I know from reading it's a level II narc and not everyone can prescribe it... but what is it?   Is it as addicting as hydro or oxy?
Helpful - 0
does it work for tramadol???
Helpful - 0
Don't know if it works for Tram. Don't see why not. Funny I had a doc who did not want to give me oxy. yet gave Tramadol (go figure). I tossed the script. Good thing.
Helpful - 0
Yo Gip:
Right back at'ca.
Hang in there. I am attempting a five day detox using Sub. I am  trying to do the last 40mg of a three hundred mg a day hapit. So you hang in there. Merry everything. (and leave  the wounded, they will only slow you down.)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.