Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

See Doc tomorrow

More of a vent than a question posted here - I have been with this site now for 2 weeks - and it has truly helped me.  Truly.  
Just some background - I've been on hydro since 2001 for back pain and migraines - the most I've ever taken in a day was 6-7 - but it has been for a long time.  In b/w that time, we've moved, I became preggo - and while preggo took the dose that was ACTUALLY prescribed.
My NEW OB (I've had for 2 months now) - has been treating me like a criminal.  I do have a legit script - and did not hide that from him - but I did not tell him that I was taking every day.  Nobody knows that but me.  Unfortunately, I cannot change doctors at this late stage.  (nobody will take a 36/37 week preg NEW patient)
What is the worst is that he started tox screening my urine - w/o telling me.  I realized he was doing it last visit.  Well - tomorrow, is another checkup.  And I'm sure he'll screen me again and make some comment and be rude.  I hate the feeling, and it is REALLY stressing me out. I wake up feeling like a** - and worried.
The good side to all of this is that - since this pregnancy - I was at 5-6 pills  day, and then decreased to 4 a day - and now 5mg every 24 hours.  It hasn't been easy - but I look at that as the blessing.
My fear is tomorrow, I'll go back in - and he'll be an a**- I'll get screened again - and I just want to be clean!  I worry what all my worrying has done to the baby.  It is a vicious cycle.  I plan to take one hour at a time, stay clean for the appt tomorrow - and go from there.  
Thanks for reading my vent =-I'll keep folks posted
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
waiting to hear how everything went
Helpful - 0
Hey Girl!

Well - here's how it went....he treated me like **** as he usually does (as did his nurses) - the first thing they had me do was pee in a cup - DUH!  No explanations, or reasons why - but it wasn't just to test my sugar or protein!

So - I waited.  Then when I saw him - I told him, look, I do take pain meds, I'm not taking a lot - 5-10mg a day - and then he asked where did I get my meds.  I told him (b/c I DO have a legit script) - and he asked me to bring them in so he could destroy them - and then he could write scripts for this state - and monitor my intake.

That was it.  I wanted to ask more - but he was swamped today - more such as the baby, etc.....but I think with him knowing - I'm not nearly as worried - and he didn't seem all that concerned.  I think he was worried that I was taking much more than I was.

From what I've been reading and researching - I cannot quit now.  The w/ds that I feel - the baby feels even more in utero.  It is possible for him to have w/ds once he is born - but it is less risky to wait and then get off the stuff.

ALSO - I found a clinic - that if I cannot do this on my own - I will go to this place - post partum.  I am VERY excited about all of this - as I want to be done with this junk.  

Thank you for your care and concern....the only reason I have not emailed you is b/c my hubby and I share a joint email acct - and he does not know I take every day.  He knows I have a script for meds, and that I take at least once a week - 30mgs.  But he does not know to what extent I am tormented by all of this.  I could never share that with him.  Not like I have shared with you.

Thank you again - thank you so much for being there for me.  I wish I could do more for you!!!!

Thank you again - T
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.