Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Suboxone

I have been taking sub. since the 14th of dec and have had no cravings or withdrawals sympt, for my almost (life-long) history of narc. abuse. plz has anyone use this med, and if so how long did/were you on it before decreasing the dosage. is it poss. that the psych. will prescribe it @ a low-dose for me 2 take for a maintanence, so i will not resort back to the narc. usage.i have f/u appt jan. 4th and will see what the "game" plan is. i never want 2 go thru the hell i did trying 2 withdraw from narcs. tks for any input from all of you. Happy new year to all.
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thread is 6yrs old..
Helpful - 0
Be careful with subs, i went from heroin to suboxone never could taper off sucessfully was on 12mg for 3yrs best thing i did was to quit cold turkey i reccomend a quick taper
Helpful - 0
4149717 tn?1389503561
This is an old thread, you may want to post in your own for help.

Best of luck
Helpful - 0
I have been on subscribe for two years and have tapered down to one 2 mg strip a day, I am worried about wd but am tired of being dependent on this medicine. I was a Percocet abuser for 2 years and have been clean for 2 how do I cope with wd to stop
Helpful - 0
Thanks 2 you both for your encouraging words. it truly does help. for one does not feel alone. i'm still on the sub. same dosage, have a f/u appt. the 4th. have 2 wait and see what the dr. "orders" i am feeling so good, kinda scary, i wish i could feel like this for i have no craving @ all for the hydros. i was diag. with clinical depression and ADD as well 4 yrs ago, and have been on all diff. antidepressants, also took concerta, metadate for the ADD, which i stopped all the ADD meds 8months ago, but along with stopping the hydros is why i believe i went into a MAJOR nerve break down.(was unable to function for 3-months)!! since the subox  i stopped the wellbutrin&trileptal(MOOD STABILIZER). i plan on talking to the psych.in regards to my ADD, after the sub tx is complete, maybe i should start back on med, have u either heard of the med provigil. i have done lot of research about it and it is recommended for ADD and Depression.lethargy!!!! if i can get control of the DEPRESSION (which i took the hydros for)  which is under control @ present since the sub. but i do not think that it is a long-term med?????? i just want to be able to function and i know that i will have to be on meds all my life.it is all i have ever done. sorry to ramble on tks for reading,"listening"!!!!p.s. as the doctor told me about the random drug screen, i have script for the SUB and it is used for pain. relief of that, can not afford to loose my job..which i enjoy it and do love to work!!!!happy new year-------off to work i go----yeah!!!!
Helpful - 0
You cant be fired for your addiction. As far as I know. My company has two programs for addiction,#1 If you are caught with drugs in you when they do randoms they will send you to treatment for 30 days if you get caught after that well you know the answer.#2 If someone was to go to management and tell them they have a prob they would send you to treatment.
I just do not want anyone to know because of my job class,and just plain out being ashamed everytime I walked in to the plant.

Good luck,and keep your head up.
Helpful - 0
tks for your feed-back. i am taking 4mg S/L-twice a day--5-6 a/m~~&~~5-6P>M>(1700-1800, it works miracles with my DEPRESSION, where as no other med has helped that---just @ this point, i see all the pros in sub. for sure there are some cons as well.???
Helpful - 0
keep me updated on what happens "if you do not mind".
Like I said before I am going to start sub on  the 3rd.
If this drug will let me function normally and get me through my 8 hour work day to where co-workers do not have a clue "im set"
Are you working through your detox?
Helpful - 0
I return to work fri. morning. will keep you posted, i talked with the dr. in reguards to random drug screen, which i am concerned, as i have not discussed ANY of  this with my employer, my addiction,(would have been fired) i would BET!!!he said that sub. is also used as a analgesic.!!!!i did file the office visit on my INS. but did not file the med on my rx plan. i still have  "hurrdles", to work thru,  but praying that all will work out and that the year 2007 will be better than my prev. ones. I have to much @ stake to loose b/c of hydros.
Helpful - 0
Thanks
I am on day 4 of using Sub. for rapid detox. Started at 6mg. twice a day down to 2mg twice a day. Tommorrow will be 1mg twice a day. So far feel good. Some ringing in my ears, tired. Will keep you updated. Like you I am sure there is a price here yet to be paid...like the other shoe droping. But I am off Oxy. So for that I am willing to take the chance. Fun fun fun. Spin the wheel. Lay down you $. This your life. KABOOM! Or not.
Helpful - 0
You cant be fired for your addiction. As far as I know. My company has two programs for addiction,#1 If you are caught with drugs in you when they do randoms they will send you to treatment for 30 days if you get caught after that well you know the answer.#2 If someone was to go to management and tell them they have a prob they would send you to treatment.
I just do not want anyone to know because of my job class,and just plain out being ashamed everytime I walked in to the plant.

Good luck,and keep your head up.
Helpful - 0
Im glad to hear that the drug is working very well for you.
From all that I have heard and read about sub I know that when I start my detox on it on the 3rd of Jan its going to be a cake walk.
Keep your head up and good luck to you.
Helpful - 0
How much mg of sub. are you taking each day and how many times and what times in the day?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.