Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
175688 tn?1297556647

Day 2 and having a hard time. Need encouragement

Hi everyone. I am on night 2 of not taking any hydrocodone and I am having a hard time. I just want another pill!!! Can anyone relate to this? I don't know why I want one. I am not in pain, I am not suffering withdraws. (I have only been taking 10mg/325 since December 6th. I just like the way they make me feel. I know that I could possibly be addicted to them because for me...it is all about the high. It is the feeling I get when I take them, or being able to have a decent time when I take them, or being able to clean or do things around the house after taking a pill, the list goes on and on. I just like the feeling. I need you all to tell me how better off I will be!! I am on day 2 and I have access to hydro all around me (my mom takes them and so does my grandfather) so I know that I can get a pill if I really "want" one. I am miserable and achey. HELP!!!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
175688 tn?1297556647
I am doing alright. I feel like **** though. I am tired and just don't feel like doing anything. I still have not had a hydro though, so I am happy with myself. I was with my mom today too and I could have easily asked her for a pill. I was proud! I am 26 years old and don't want to be addicted to these things. Its so hard though because you know in the back of your mind that if you just take 1 pill or even hald of a pill all of these things that I am feeling will go away. I am trying to not let myself go there though.

Thanks for asking about me! You made my day!!!

-Danielle
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
U think that made ur day, check ur email...
;-)
Helpful - 0
Quitting cold turkey most always ends in failure.  Get you some pills, ease the withdrawls and slowly taper from them.  I'm currently on a small maintenance dose of 1 10mg pill per day --- down from 6-7 per day.

Just get some pills to ease the withdrawls and taper - forget the cold turkey.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
How are you doin, Sweetie? Has it gotten ANY better yet? I'm on Day6 c/t Methadone w/d. I was (am) an addict for a few years of various narcs. I'm doin a bit better today, how bout you? My teenage daughters middle name is Danielle, kinda makes me smile to see your name on here. I think about her and how much of a better Mum I will be SOBER!
~Lisa
Helpful - 0
I don't have a lot of inspiration because I am truly struggling right now, but I did want to say that I think it's great that you see the signs of you addicition and just want it over.  I thought about talking with my therapist about it, she would be bound by what I say not to discuss it with anyone else.  But maybe she can help me get past it.
Helpful - 0
Hot baths for the aches. For misery? Walking, busywork. In the end the pills are there. That is the question. To take one or not. Only you can decide. But if u read posts from long term pill heads you have an idea where you would be heading. Hey, your choice. I mean you have not been on  them long enough to be badly addicted. But?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.