Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

MEMA3 i was curious about your doc appt yesterday........:)

Mema
I remembered that doctor appt you had yesterday and were so worried about, so I was just wondering how it went?
Everything o.k.? :)

Scarlet
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yeah, something just doesn't sound right here about her doctor...why should she hand over her pills that she paid for...Is he going to reimburse her for them?
You know what I mean....this just doesn't sound right, not at all. I already don't like this OB of hers because of the way he treats her and now THIS really makes me wonder what the hell is going on in his head.
Mema, I wouldn't give him a damn thing---sorry but I wouldn't. You would be better off giving them to a friend or someone you trust to help you taper off of them or quit taking them. Why should this OB just think he should be able to destroy them and start 'fresh' as he told you. Start fresh for what? The same pills? He's only an OB anyway---once you have the baby he isn't going to be your regular family physician anyway, so he can't be prescribing you anything once you are no longer pregnant and his patient. I just thought of that now actually! No, Mema...don't give him anything. You don't have to....they are legitimately your prescription pills that you paid for.
That's my opinion, anyway! :)
Take care and keep thinking about your beautiful baby that will be meeting you soon! :)

Scarlet
Helpful - 0
I agree w/scarlett...If you came clean w/the Dr...and have a legit 'script... what is turning in your pills going to do?  Make you pay for another 'script?   That doesn't make any sense.

Your choices are tenuous at best...you are so close to delivery.  I guess you can always tell him you forgot to take the pills with you... and try to discuss why he NEEDS them?

Think about it g/f...

XoXo
Gip
Helpful - 0
175688 tn?1297556647
This post really made me smile. I just wanted to say that I am so proud of you!! I don't know you and I have never left comments for you before but you truly are amazing. I am so glad that you came clean!! WOW, what a great thing to do. I am currently on day 3 of taking no hydro and I feel like ****, but I am hanging in there. Thanks for this posting and please keep me informed on how you are doing. I can't wait to hear about your baby!! What an exciting event!!! This really made my whole entire day!!!

-Danielle
danielle.***@****
Helpful - 0
Thank you!!!  Thank you for your concern!!!!  I am so SOOOO happy I stumbled upon this forum two weeks ago!  It has been a sanity saver, a life saver - and more!  

Once again - thank you.

Here's the low down on the visit.  As ususal, his nurses were less than thrilled to see me.  I waited 45 min, then 1st his nurse says - "we need a sample" - not for what, or why, just pee in the cup.  And we're not talking about a cup to test protein or sugars.  

They listened to the heartbeat, everything good - normal - and then my hubby showed up.  It was like, since he was there, some of the people got nicer.  Weren't as rude!

So, we go back and talk with the doc - he acts like no big deal, and then I told him I wanted to talk with him about my pain meds.  He closed the door - and sat there.  I told him that I am a chronic pain sufferer - have been since 01 - and that my script is legit.  I told him I wasn't trying to shop him or get a high - but I was prescribed large doses of it before.  Then my hubby spoke up - and said - hey, she's not a junkie - and of course - the doc listened to him more than me.  It was like he was more credible b/c he was in a suit and tie.

Long story short - the doc asked me to bring in all of my pills next visit so his office could destroy them.  His reasoning was that since we are dealing with scripts from two different states that he wants to start fresh and monitor my intake.

I read some old post (awhile ago) not to take them into the doc - it only raises suspicion - but honestly - it made me feel really good to have a place to take them.  My last script was for 360 pills - and the good news is that I have 300 to turn in.  I used 60 in a month and a half!!  That was a big decrease - a decrease in over half!

ANYWAY - sorry to drag this out - but before talking with us - he had marked me down for another tox screen - and then after talking with us - he scratched it off - (or it looked like it)

Bottom line - I felt MUCH better - and SO relieved after coming clean.  He did not ask how much I am taking - which is 10mg daily - and after doing reading - I should NOT detox while preggo - it is WAY too stressful on the baby - more so in utero than outside - and apparently the amount I'm taking will not cause w/d to the baby vs the w/d he'd be feeling while I'm doing it!  (crazy huh?)

SO - that is my story - I go back next week - unfortunately, my hubby cannot go - I felt like the doc was less hard on me with him there.  

31 January is the big due date - so - we have a month to go - stay tuned.......and once again - thank you for your concern!  I'm so glad I came to this forum!!!!!  HUGS to all!
Helpful - 0
Mema,

Hmmmmmmm....that's a good question, I really don't know if you should turn your pills in to him or not. I mean, you do have a legitimate script for them, and I really don't know why you have to 'start fresh' with this doctor, or what he means by that exactly.
Is he gonna destroy these pills and then give you a script for them with his name on it? I guess I'm just a little thrown off of what he wants you to do.
Plus, I really think your doc is a jerk :) lol so I wouldn't be inclined to give him anything.
take care!
Helpful - 0
Glad to hear it went so good! I knew you were so worried about it. BUT I really have to say....I think your doctor is an ass. I really do--for him and his staff to be so rude to you is very wrong. And for the staff to show more respect to your husband, instead of showing respect to YOU, the PATIENT just makes me MAD...You don't deserve to be belittled that way, by ANYONE---especially your doctor.
Anyone else here agree that mema's doctor and his staff are wrong to treat her like this???????? Or is it just me??
Mema, keep up the good work, sweetie...you are doing so great.

Scarlet
Helpful - 0
Ladies -thank you!  Thank you for the concern and heartfelt messages!  I smiled.  And I have not felt better in days for two reasons - all the support from here - and coming clean yesterday.

I told the forum before - if I could have switched docs - I would have.  But b/w moving here at 30 weeks - and then him testing me at 34 weeks - it was TOOOOO late - nobody would touch me as a "new" patient.  I just hope next week he is as "friendly" as he was yesterday - w/o the hubby present.  We'll see if the true colors come out.

Which begs the question - do I turn in my drugs to him???  Or will that cause him to be more rude????  Right now, I'm inclined to give him all of them - and put my "faith" in him treating me properly.

Ladies - great job on the number of days clean!!!  You all will be my inspiration postpartum.  I know it hasn't been easy - and I will be bracing myself for this - as I know it has been hard just to taper down to 10mg.  I'm just glad I found this site before trying to go c/t while preggo.  That could have caused bigger problems - and I thought I was doing something good!

Once again - thank you.  All of you keep posting - and let us all share in the ups and downs of this!
Love, Mema

Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
I agree whole heartedly. My man wears a suit and a tie, too. It does grab more respect, like a man in a suit is incapable of having a drug addiction. My man is a pot smoker now, but a long time ago was addicted to cocaine. Some cases they are worse addicts. All the men, in my neck of the woods anyway, hide behind that suit to get what they need. Not saying your hubby does, please dnot take offense, but it makes sense.
You should be a least a lil angry with your doc and the staff.
You deserve the same amount of respect as him, suit or no suit!
Hacks me off!! Day 6 for me today,  I'm a lil ill-spirited, can you tell?
~Lisa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.