Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
175688 tn?1297556647

ACNE???

Hey everyone. I am on day 3 of no hydro and wanted to say thanks to everyone for their support. I do have one question though...I seem to be getting terrible acne or almost like rosatia on my face. Could this possibly be from stopping the hydro? I hope that isn't a stupid question. Any suggestions on what to put on my face to help it? It burns and it looks horrible.

Thanks everyone.

-Danielle
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The chemical inbalance is what is causing it. you will also get thrush whitch is a white stuff on your toung... well maybe i did... your body is adjusting to not have the hydro in it... It will go away in a couple of days. if not go to the doc and ask him for some meds. he will give you a cream for it.

Good luck.
Ash
Helpful - 0
are you taking ibuprofen, it says it can cause that kind of stuff, but you probably would have had that stuff before.
i don't know thats a new one to me.
Helpful - 0
I too have come down with a rosacia looking patchiness - but, gotta remember, I'm preggo.  BUT - with that said, when I was preggo before, I don't remember my skin being this bad on my face.  I noticed it coming on as I was tapering off the meds too!  

So - I don't know if that helps - I'd like to see if anyone else is experiencing this too......
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
You have put your body into shock by going thru w/d, you can expect almost anything. I have flushed cheeks when a hot spot (whatever) hits me, and maybe you aren't taking very good care of yourself right now? are you eating right? For the first 3 days all I did was sit in the hot bath, I couldn't stand rubbing the soap on my skin. So, now I'm on Day 6, and squeeky clean (soap and all, yes). I have a couple of new REALLY GREAT friends I have met on here that now mean the world to me. You need one too.
~Lisa
Helpful - 0
are you sweating a lot?  i certainly did.  sometimes acne is caused from stress in general.  it didn't happen to me, but i don't put anything past opiate w/d.  also, is your heart rate any higher?  that could also cause you glands to act up.  try not to overmedicate and keep your hands off of it.  if it doesn't go away, it might be something more and of course, you need to talk to a doctor.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.