Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
175688 tn?1297556647

Codeine???

How come I don't hear anything on this website about codeine? The reason I am asking is because a friend of mine that lives in Canada told me that they can buy codeine just like we would buy tylenol?? I guess the dose is 8mg of codeine per pill. I do not know what the "average" low dose of prescribed codeine is here. Does anyone know what most doctors would prescribe for codeine? I mean the dosage? It scares me a little because my friend was telling me how easy it was to get and that he knew someone that was taking up to 8 pills at one time just to feel the "high". Like I said, I don't know what the normal prescribed codeine is here, but to me that is just asking for trouble. Can anyone help?

-Danielle
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
175688 tn?1297556647
NOT TRUE! You can buy codeine at any drugstore. I have seen it first hand. If you are truly from Canada you would know this.
Helpful - 0
30mg of codiene T3s equal around 1 mg of oxycodone or hydro. Therefore 8mg mixed with APAP would be very difficult to get high from. Your liver would be destroyed. here is a narcotic  calculator http://www.medcalc.com/narcotics.html
Helpful - 0
Hell I am moving to Canada.
Helpful - 0
175688 tn?1297556647
I am on my 4th day and still going strong. There is no way that I would have been able to do it without this website and the people that I talk to through email. I would have given up by now.

How are you doing?
Helpful - 0
175688 tn?1297556647
I was thinking the same thing until I realized that codeine is just something else that I could get addicted too. I don't need that. :-) But we were thinking on the same line, that is for sure!
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Hey girl!
I am on day 7 clean and sober, doing much better than I was this morning.  For some reason I did not sleep very well, and am alittle lathargic today. No, Not for some reason, leg jitters DAMN, it was BOTHERSOME and a first for me. I am out of Klonzapam and am only doing natural vitamins, now.
You do sound good and strong today.
Lots of HUGS too ALL.
~lisa
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
I can't really answer that question fully, what I do kknow is Cananda recognizes SOCIALIZED HEALTH. They pay for nothing! All the docs are paid by the some Canandian Gov. Maybe thats why they can be found OTC?
Dunno?
Sorry.
But, Im very happy to see you are still coming here.
How many days for U?
~lisa
Helpful - 0
Yes me also. But one can dream of a pain free highway where all it is is a four lane blacktop with no hard driving in-sight(:
       (.)
          Z
            o
              o
                m
Helpful - 0
175688 tn?1297556647
Holy Cow! I had no idea that you would have to take so many codeine just to equal 1 mg of hydro. That is crazy. Thank you for the info though.

Has anyone ever heard of skelaxin? It is a muscle relaxer. My doctor wants to put me on them? Any suggestions?

-Danielle
Helpful - 0
I once took 20 codiene 3s (after extracting APAP) and drank it. It was strong but my tolerance was high. I went to work an hour later and no one could tell. 2 years ago 3 of them would put me on the couch for 5 hrs.
Helpful - 0
175688 tn?1297556647
What is APAP??
Helpful - 0
APAP is a mixture with . They always mix codiene with asperin or tylonol. pills have 325 or 500 tylonol with 8 mg of codiene. (This borders on drug talk) but I am using codiene to do the final week of my taper. for a normal person 3000mg of tylonol is the vvery max your liver can handle in 24 hrs. Prevents abuse in theory. I am very sick tonight having taken 2 t3s all day as I did yesterday.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.