Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I went c/t again yesterday....

My symptoms peaked this morning and this afternoon got so bad I asked my mom (my husband was working) to take me to the ER.  The doctor there was wonderful.  he didn't make me feel at all like I was a junkie.  I was shaking terribly, he began by giving me a dose of ativan and then clonodine pills.  He prescribed 2 colondine pills for the next three days and he thought that would get me through the most difficult part.  I still have an appointment with the spine doc on Wednesday.  I am still feeling pretty horrible, but right now I feel like I can make it through.  The withdrawal symptoms are definitely not as intense. The worst thing is the pains I am feeling.  But I guess it is no worse than a bad flu.  Thank you all for support.  I am hoping I can make it through tonight, then I'll handle tomorrow when it gets here.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You're a gem faifai.
That was a nice piece of fiction. Pray tell what happened after you swallowed that pain killer? I mean then you need those blankets, no? (As for the Doc. in the story, well what would one expect from a prison doc.)
Helpful - 0
Good luck - we're rooting for you!
Helpful - 0
Go for the ring girl.
Helpful - 0
Two more days... hang in for two more days... try to get some good vitamins for yourself and sleep as much as you can through the worst of it.   It does get easier after the third day...

You can write to me if you need to... ***@**** ...

I'll be thinking about you... I was going to say good luck... but I know that has nothing to do with this...

But I wish you well
God Bless
Gip
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.