Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Why did every one start to use these meds?

I was just wondering why everyone started on vics methadone. maybe that can help and we can help each other better! getting it out helps... I know it helped me... If i am out of line please tell me! sorry in addvance!

I started in 1999 ( Off now for a year and proud!) i have lower lumbar disc deases, 6 verdabrea( only suppose to have 5) ciatica, L4 and L5 are agenst my spinal cord so every time I walk lord it hurts like hell. i have a tumar on my spinal cord that makes it worse. i had 2 back surgerys and that did nothing. i am losing my legs which kill me every day. There is more that is just the jiff....

that is why i started on vics and every other pill they gave me... i have been on a lot....

Just thought everyone can get it out here.

Ash
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I ahd 3 oral surgeries in July. One by Endo one by Surgeon and one by dentist. All prescribed percs and or vics. I tried quiting after 3 weeks and got sick. Started getting oxys at work for free from friend who said it will even out the blood levels. Made me swear not to chew. Went to a doctor and began taper. Compeleted it last week. Pure hell. I have never had a opiat desire in my life so I was determined. That is the key.
Helpful - 0
I started using morphine i got my hands on while doing a tour of duty in Iraq just to cope with the horror of war.  Then, valiums became available.  When I got home, it turned into oxy's and xanax to cope.  Now I'm on methadone trying to beat this.  like my name implies it's my "second time around"
Helpful - 0
Why would you feeling better burst your "bibble"? I'm sure she was just trying to prepare you for the worst because a lot of times it does get worse before it gets better...
Helpful - 0
I have bad news for you ash. I feel better today then yesterday. Sorry to burst you bibble.
Helpful - 0
Unfortunately, I started using Lortabs to get high. DE-DE-DEE! I didn't even like them at first, they made me nervous so I started taking them with Xanex and eventually dropped the Xanex and kept the Lortabs. And oh! The Lortabs took away all my little pains and all my big worries, it was soooo wonderful! Heh. Yeah, until I couldn't even function without them and had to take 10 a day in order to keep me "sane". I have not been so happy in all my life as I am now that I'm off of the shi*t. I can't wait for you guys to be clean too, you just can't imagine how wonderful you are going to feel when this is all over with. Keep your heads high, and don't give up!

Happy New Year!
~Riki
Helpful - 0
would you please take the time to explain Suboxone to me.

Why is it considered a Class II drug and why some Drs. Can't Rx it...

And congrats on your taper....How do you feel?

Thanks
Gip
Helpful - 0
I have DDD in the neck. I've been on methadone for several years. There was a time this summer I was ready to end it all. Too much weird **** going on....divorce, deaths....

I've been diagnosed w/Sleep Apnea in OCT and this was my major problem. I'm better and thinking about getting off meths. This summer I never could have even thought this so I want to listen to you all and learn. I've searched the damn net over but only found this and you all to help. I think it's great.... We all sound pretty normal. Thank you, cheeps
Helpful - 0
welp unlike alot of people i didnt start due to physical pain. i am bipolar with borderline personality disorder and i was self medicating with weed,acid,exstacy etc until i came across a pill i hadnt heard off called "oxycontin" and all i was told was "crush it and snort it, its a great high" so i did it and LOVED it. i didnt know it was addictive so i kept doing it til one day i woke up sick as a dog. thats when i realized what it was n by then it was too late..then i switchd to heroin cuz it was cheaper
Helpful - 0
I hate to be the barrer of bad news but no its not over yet.... but you will get there. I was on 240 pills a month on top of 200 of 350 soma which really made me high... and i got off... trust me you can get there just beleive in yourself and you will make it. if i can do it anyone can!

beleive in your self!

Ash

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all! stay clean and it will work out great!
Helpful - 0
Kay here goes. I started because I have hep C. and went on a year long Interferon (which laid me flat much like Kemo. will) program which included Oxy for the pain. (I think the pain Doc might have been a bit free with the pills...but hey I took them so it is my own fault.)  Finished the program in Oct. The Oxy's well they hung around a little bit longer. Funny thing they were no longer getting me high...no matter how much I took. So I said to myself, self what is the point in taking these if they are not getting you high? Self answered, 'None that I can see.' So I started to ween down from 250-300 mg a day  to 40mg, got stuck at 40mg for about a month; nothing I mean nothing could budge that 40mg mark, not hot baths, Vs, nothing, street H., nothing, whiskey, nothing. Heard about Sub. Found a site on Sub. Researched it. Bought seven 8mg tabs off the street and started a rabid taper which ended yesterday. Today well I feel a bit run down, a bit on edge, lite leg cramps, but all in all not bad. Also have not swallowed an Oxy. in seven days and have not taken a Sub. in going on two days. So is this nightmare over? I don't know. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, I mean after batteling for a month at 40mg it can not be this easy. BUT...
Helpful - 0
I had two surgery's on my back to aide/repair 2 herniated disk,
Helpful - 0
I am SO glad you got away... I ended up in the hospital with mine. I was beatin for over 2 years.

You will be fine just think of your child every time you want to take a pill. it will stop you...

I am hear to listen.. and I hope in some ways I am helping!

good luck!

Ash
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
i was in a verbally & physically abusive relationship. ever seen sleepin w/ the enemy, thats what my escape was like. my daughter and i got away. well, it started w/ my bad man, and i just kept buying them. i was hooked, addicted! 3yrs have past since he went to jail. i woke up 1 morning and that habit just didnt belong in my life anymore. i have a wonderful new relationship with 1 heck of a man w/ 3 boys.
thats my story...
thanks for listening...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.