Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hydrocodone withdrawal help.

I know this has probably been posted a million times but i didnt want people to not see my question. Im suffering from lortab withdrawals cuz my doctor had me on 10's for about 2 months and cut me off cold turkey. i cant get comfortable enough to sleep, if im not sweating, im freezing. needles to say its drivin me nuckin futs. I made an appt with my doc to tell him about my w/d but i couldn't get one until friday. right now friday seems a million miles away. is there anything i can take to get the edge off? Im about to hit my self over the head with a frying pan just to sleep for little while. Thank you for your help.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
293774 tn?1191694862
This is so weird, bc your story is a reflection of mine. I am almost 28, I have 3 beautiful daughters and am currently going through the roughest time of my life. I tried detoxing on my own, but was not strong enough. This past Monday I was arrested on 3 counts of obtaining CDS by fraud. NEVER been arrested before, never had a speeding ticket. This worked in my favor. My bail was set at $75,000, but somehow was released for $90. With strict stipulations, as expected(and welcomed). The most terrifying thought I had, was coming clean to my husband and family. I was so afraid they would hate me. And this is really strange but, I think we're doing really great. I'm still in minimal physical agony( been clean for 5 days now:) I had never made it past the 24 hour mark before. This is a small victory, but a victory none the less. For months I had noticed myself becoming more and more detatched from my life and further away from the person, mother, wife, sister I always dreamed of being. The worst thing about this addiction is that it shows no prejudice. It really can happen to anyone. For me, the hardest part has been forgiving myself. And I know it has only been five days, so I'm not drug counselor material yet, but I am finally starting to feel like myself. If I have to pee in a cup 3 times a week for a year and a half and attend meetings on a regular basis then so be it. Maybe I need someone impartial to monitor my behavior. I am thankful every day that I was able to walk out of that jail and tuck my girls into bed that night. Not like the MANY fellow-inmates I left behind, all there for similar, more habitual violations. When I was arrested they towed my car. I decided to leave the tow slip on my key-ring as a daily reminder of how lucky I am, and how much worse things could be. I really wish I would have been strong enough to ask my family for help, instead of putting all of us through this. They say sometimes you have to take steps backward to move forward. I tell myself that everyday. It might be hard telling the people you love of such a debilitating disease. You worry how they will see from now on. One thing I've learned is that sometimes people will surprise you. In times of distress you truly can weed out the people that love you, and want to help you. I don't know if I have been any help, but this is my first real activity out of bed in days. So, I guess I really needed to say it anyway. I haven't felt much like talking. Here's the deal, I'll prey4u if you promise to prey4me. Take care of yourself, we don't get do-overs. Especially at raising our children.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Welcome prey... many of us here are or were addicted to the same meds you are on so this site will be a great help and support for you... Its helped me so so much.. I am now over 3 months off of pain meds... and it is all due to this site...
Helpful - 0
hello every one, i am a 28 yr old mother and wife who is addicted 2 vics,lortabs and hydro's.  i take about 10 or more a day im getting more and more in debt doing this.  i tried to detox but i failed at it.  if there is anyone out there that could help me that would be a great help.  i have to kick this habit before i loose everything that i've tried so hard to get. please help.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Looks like you should find a real addiction doctor and get tappered off.  A good one will know what to do.
Helpful - 0
When I have had W/D symptoms and had no other prescription meds to take to help settle, I've taken benedryl 50 mg which sedated me enough to sleep thru. The more you take it, the less sedating it often becomes, so use it smartly and only for a few days. It's an antihistamine, so 1st, of course, make sure it's something you can take.
Helpful - 0
Hang in there I found exercise as hard as that sounds helps. Rocking chair and baths for the legs and a walk outside really helps. Try to keep as busy as you can instead of clock watching. CT is tough you should feel better in 3 to 5
Good Luck.
Helpful - 0
Hi hun;
Im so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. However, you are not alone. We all are here for the same reason/s.

WHen I have tried to stop the vics..I would take an extra of my clonazepam, which is a sister to xanax, and lorazepam, or diazepam. ( I forget which is the xanax) ANyhow I have anxiety, and panic disorder so I am on those for that. But when I have tried not to take the vics...I would get where I could not sleep for nothing. My legs would not settle..felt like they just wanted to take off and run. Just horrible horrible! But like I said I would take an extra of those at bedtime, or a muscle relaxer. WHich may or may not be more of a problem. I do not like the muscle relaxers I have. They are too strong and knock me right out. They are cyclobenzaprine. So I would take one of those or the extra clonaz. to sleep. Not both. I was safe to take the muscle relaxers as I said I do not like them at all so I know I would not trade one habit for another. So if any of this is an option for you, keep in mind please that you do not want to trade one habit for another. Make sure it is something you can take safely as to not add another addiction. Also make sure you have the time to just sleep...in case you do not like how you feel after taking whatever it is you may have to take to make you sleep. That way you can just stay in bed if that is what you need to do to.
Not sure I am of any help, but thought I would share this with you.
Good Luck and do let me know how things go. Maybe even just like an advil pm or tylenol pm too if your able to take them without any addiction. Maybe some vitamins as well.
Please let me know how this turns out.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.