Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

to: gip. very import.

Take is slow with zanax.
I have been on Valm. 5mg a day for  ten years. Two years ago I just stopped. Man, I raged at everyone, just wanted to kill somebody. ANYBODY! So I went away and fummed walkng around, fist balled up. I had no idea what the hell was happening, what a mid-life crisis, what? After about two months I thought: could it be the V's? So I asked a Doc. Checked online. Read books on Benso. And yes there is from England a Benso. site. Sure enough many people were going through the same thing. Man I went home and popped a 5mg and do so the next day and the next for about two weeks and evened out then went to my Doc and said how do I get off these  things. He said REAL SLOW. Like months, shave them down to dust. Now Z's are 4 times more powerful then V's. you do the math.
You have come way too far to lose ground now. Cut'em slowely. What does it matter. Unlike Oxy a taper off of them is a slow slow but an easy walk.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Also, because of the chemical make up of benzos, if you do not wean, it could be life threatening.
Helpful - 0
Yesterday was absolutely horrible... I truly don't know how I even did what I did.  I MEAN HORRIBLE...at my worst, I've never EVER experienced anxiety at that level.  

Tomorrow is appt. w/Doc.   I'm going to ask her to wean me to V.... then wean off the V.

From what I understand... the Val. has a lot longer 1/2 life... and we'll go from there.

I'm also going to ask her to never give me a long standing renewal Rx for anything that I can become dependant on.  

I drank a whole bottle of wine on Tues., I DON'T DRINK~ I'm sure that didn't add to the after affect of that whole mess.

I'm a lot better today...Just waiting on my appt w/her.

Thanks
Gip
Helpful - 0
I don't know where this thread began, talking about benzos, but I am on day 4 of going off percs, but I also am on clonazepam(klonipin) at 5 mg a day for about a year an a half. After I am done getting off my percs, I want to go off the benzo, but I heard it is awful. So if you taper slowly, it isnt as bad?? what I am nervous about is how the hell will i sleep with no pills after i'm done all this. That's why I went on the benzo to begin with, panic and insomnia. killed 2 birds.
Helpful - 0
Yes do slow walk  taper of the benzos. Real slow. I MEAN REAL SLOW!
Helpful - 0
The thread began because I detoxed from Vicodin w/the help of Xanax.   I was taking @ 2 - 3 mg a day ... which was 4 - 6 pills I have the .50.   This is of the Xanax... I'm done with the Vics...

Not a lot by some standards... but I was taking them for @ 9 months.  I'm very tiny...very small structure and weigh ... well the last time I got weighed was @ 120... I know I lost a ton of weight during the last two weeks I don't even look good.  I don't know if size has anything to do with this whole thing, but I didn't think 3mgs a day would cause this much havoc with my system.

Tuesday and yesterday I went through the most awful anxiety levels I could even type in words how horrible I felt.   It was HORRIBLE... ABSOLUTELY the worst.   I couldn't even breathe..one panic attack after another, couldn't sit, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat ... I wanted to kill something ... ANYTHING would have been good enough...(matine hit the nail on the head)

I pride myself in being so freaking intelligent.. I didn't know what the hell hit me yesterday.  It truly was awful.  

Tomorrow @ 9:45...I'm going to Dr.  We are going to devise a plan ... I'm going to tell her the truth about the Detox, however humbling, and hopefully I can work through this w/her.

Anyway.. I took some Xanax... slept last night...called the Dr...she is just going to have to help me.  I truly would not survive another day like yesterday again.  

I did a lot of reading abount Benzos yesterday.  S**T... I should have read before I started w/them.  Anyway...it is very dangerous and sheer hell to w/draw from them without some kind of taper.

I wish you well... and a speedy recovery.

Gip

Helpful - 0
did you get my post about labelmesane, a website devoted to getting off benzos? i found it interesting. i feel for you. I have also been using my klonipine in extra dosages to get me thru this detox. I think the benzos are worse. Good luck, thanks for your response.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.