Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

vicodin soma addiction

Waisman says almost 20,000. for the most humane way to get off these prescribed vicotin and soma (8years-for two spinal surgeries).  Now my life revolves around a pill bottle and there is not an option financially for me to seek help.  No Insurance etc.  Any suggestions?  I am seeking more than my prescribed amount through other sources.  I am in a divorce (after 25 years) and I own my own business where 24 people count on me to make the right decisions.  right now all I care about is having enough to function.  I do not go to work, I rarely leave the house, I do not bath often, and all decisions are being made from a soul full of drugs. I fake it very well. But I am quite isolated so I generally avoid any curcumstance to be social.  I just want a new back, no pain, and no pills!  Impossible I know, but this is going into the ninth year of this fog.  I want to see the light again.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have not been honest with my Doctor.  I just got him to up my vic to 7.5 this year after a 8 year regimine.  What was prescribed was, IS, never enough.  I am not ready for someone to say I have to live with this pain. I also use lidocaine patches, but the pain is unbearable some days.
Helpful - 0
let  go  and let  god!!!!

it all starts with a good plan and stick to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if that does not work,  try another plan!!!
keep trying.
never give up!!!!
I saw my doctor on friday  and told him i was taking to many pills.
He said let's do what it takes to get off of them....
He said he has some meds. to ease the w/d systems.
just knowing that made me feel better.

HAVE YOU BEEN HONEST WITH YOUR DOCTOR YET?  IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SO MUCH BETTER.

GOD BLESS
STEVE
Helpful - 0
Thank you.  Yes, we all need to slow down. I have lost so many years NOT living, just existing and going through the motions.  How I will regret that if I ever get off this ****.  I can do anything I want to do (a dream as a child, just to be independent and make my own decisions) and now I take freakin' pills????!!!   Instead of doing all the things I wanted.  All the things I can.  All those things I could pick right up today and do.  Nope, rather worry about if I have enough to get me through.  NEVER make long range plans, heaven forbid they conflict with a refill date.  I just would have to cancel, lie, be "sick".  It is INSANE.  I want to live.  I want to make the decisions, not the vic.
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.  Pray?  I have lost faith.  How can I get that back when I cannot get a grip on a stupid bottle of pills. Creek  I don't mean to be such a downer folks.  I just am venting like crazy since I found this site less than 2 days ago.
Helpful - 0
The anxiety levels are the worst.   ABSOLUTELY the worst of it.
Lordy, I don't know which is worse the pain or the world of pills.. I truly don't know.

My heart has been touched by your post.   See if you can get some help from your Dr.   Fess up and ask him to Rx something for the Anxiety.

It should help if you are trying to go through W/D

Take Care
Gip

Helpful - 0
Creek,
I have been doing the same thing, Vic And Soma you get to a point where enough is enough.

Sorry to here about the W/d and the Anxity.
I know exactly what you mean about running out. IT SUCKS!
talking with your DR. will make you feel a lot better.
I know being honst with HE/SHE they will stop prescribing you as much and taper you off. are you ready for that?

IT was scary at first for me But I did it. you sweat, your nervious, but if your commited,  NOW you feel stronger! being able to see the end.

I was taking 25 vics/15 somas a day.
On NEW YEARS I did some research to find something to help with the W/D.
MY elderly mother had some Methadone 5mg very low dose. on Monday I took 5-5mg the whole day and nothing else. not 1 vic or soma.
I have to say the W/D were very Small and no Anxity.
I AM NOT GOING TO SWITCH ONE DRUG FOR ENOTHER. AND I KNOW THE BATTLE IS FAR FROM OVER.
BUT, TODAY IS FRIDAY AND I HAVE NOT HAD A VIC OR SOMA?
I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS WORKS FOR ME BUT IT DOES.
ALONG WITH A LOT OF PRAYING AND GODS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE IS DIFF. I HOPE THIS HELPS      

YOU WILL GET PAST THIS.      

GOD BLESS
STEVE

Helpful - 0
YOU NEED TO DO WHAT MAKE YOU FEEL BEST!!!!

I AM NEW TO THIS WEB SITE TO.    I FEEL THE SAME WAY SOMETIMES.

BUT I NEED THE FREEDOM FROM THIS DRUG FROM ALL LIES AND EXCUESES.

I HOPE YOU PRAY!!!  IT HELPS ME SO MUCH EVERYDAY.    

SOMETIMES WE JUST HAVE TO SLOW DOWN!!!    SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE  DON'T JUST LIVE IT!!

GOD BLESS!!

STEVE
Helpful - 0
Thank you so much for writing back to me.  I am in tears right now just knowing someone else cares and I can stop the lies.  This is hard.  Tell me what it is like to be over this. Is anyone over it.  Is is worth it on the other side, or is the craving always there?   Thank you Thank you for your words. creek

I have no anxiety whatsoever right now because I just came from the pharmacy.  Problem is in five days I will go through a months worth of pills.  I have already taken my first three.  I am prescribed 4 7.5 vic a day and 3 soma a day.  The soma I can control because too much just makes me too sleepy.  I want to taper this month, now!!!  What do I do with all these pills?  How do I make them last?
Helpful - 0
OK now I am in a panic because I feel I will be found out.  I have never uttered or written these feelings, this truth. I want to change my nickname, I feel someone will catch on and I will be exposed. I am scared. I never had a forum to speak my truth.
Helpful - 0
How do you deal with the panic?  I'm out.  It is if I am frozen and cannot think about anything else right now. I didn't know I could express these thoughts among others who feel this addiction too.  It feels good and I feel less alone
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.