Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
176889 tn?1234352582

Matine hi yo

y'know I sorta thought this place was mebbe a little hokey but it's really wierd how much it's affected me writing to and hearing from a few fine folk like you out there... allasudden these everything but everything seems connected relating on all different levels to what I'm going through/trying to do... a sweet but trivial example being just now everyone's out running around doing last minute errands before the holyday starts and this big wind's pickin' up roaring around everything and finally I'm back in the car nearing home and outta nowhere Neil Young singing "...knocking on my door, can you help me baby give me more... to keep from running out... a little part of it in everyone..." just about brought the tears on... last night about 4am (couldn't sleep) listening for the cold wind and rain that was forecast to arrive ( which we need - and I like stormy weather anyhue) and in my head starts rolling "where's the wind? where's the rain? where's the end of all this pain?..."  
nefesh
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
176889 tn?1234352582
It was soo good reading your last note!  I missed it earlier... I hope you see this one - do you keep checking back on your earlier posts way down the line?? YES! I can't believe it... I also get those brain zaps! eggzactly the word... they've been plaguing me on and off for years and I didn't know what the heck...usually not too painful but kinda scary, worrying little w/d zaps I guess... I have some of those fent. patches you've been on that I (this is embarrassing, I'm an idiot) took from my mom-in-law's meds bag after her funeral - used one once but it just made me ill... what's it like? what're they for? is there an energy or "high"? or just relief?... what do you do when you're snapping in and out of bed, exhausted and anxious... can you watch a film? read a book? write on yr computer? anything? when I'm in bad shape all my trusted refuges crumble away, can't read, write, pray, sometimes can't even listen to music! or sometimes I'd like to but just won't for no reason at all... what do you do? I'm psyching up for w/d soon - I wanna be prepared and/or I'm just procrastinatin' with the excuse of looking for suboxone to help me, getting "ready" etc. there's so many sparkling convoluting twisting winkling urgent silly ways to fool deceive and trick ourselves... it's wearing me down, Ive always been uncontrollably optimistic but I'm grinding down... sorry to signoff this way... YOU'RE doing great and thanks again for your posts - dont understand it, but you out there with just a few words to connect makes a world of difference...            nefesh
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I know everyone here does share in a common cause. We might take different ways to get there, but I'm sure hoping we all make it to the right side of the road. I feel good when I read these posts.

LS
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Hi nefresh,

I know how you feel. When someone replies to my posts when I'm feeling so bad, it helps me make it through a night. It's a life line to hear from people who know exactly how I feel. People who have been where I'm at. People who care. We all have our demons, but I think we're all special in our own way. We're sort of a family here.

I'm coming off fentanyl duragesic patches, and this last cut has been really bad. Last night I wanted to sleep so bad. If for no other reason than to make time pass. That didn't happen. My anxiety was awful, even with the help of xanax. I only took one because that's what the Dr. allows. I had brain zaps that didn't let up until around noon today. Anyone else have those?? Along with that I had RLS and I kept jumping out of bed and then trying to lay back down, only to have it make me more miserable.

Thanks to people like you on this site, I did make it through the night and that put me one night closer to the end of my w/d. Thanks for being here, everyone.

Hugs....LS
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
I was  incommunicado for 24... it's so strange, I can be so apart from everyone/everything, but I was so happy when I saw you folks had written... that you take the time, energy, care - and of course we help each other in the process... after I tried the "sleeping beauty" approach to C/T the first time I didn't feel totally painzombied out was when I took a hot shower... even cried a bit just to feel like a human again... but that only got me off the methadone - went right back to darv and cod and a little perc because I didn't realize how hard it was going to still be and also the naltrexone made it soze I couldnt really think and that tortured me especially somehow... you know "sleeping beauty"? it sounds good - in a clinic they put you out load you up with blockers so that you supposedly go through an entire C/T in about 12 hours!  So I thought all I had to do was stay off everything and take the naltrexone and all would be dandy... but they didn't tell me the full score and next day they throw me home with a bottle of nalt and I didn't last more'n 3,4 days at most before I stopped taking the nalt and started up the rollergodown again... how are all of you doin'??? I'm pullin' and prayin' for each one of you (and dont tell anyone, but I got some connections upstairs - nothing big-time but its sumpin...)           nefesh
Helpful - 0
I'm so glad to hear so much optimism in your post.  It does get better, I promise.  I know everyone has talked about hot baths but last night i read something - can't say if it's true, but won't hurt.  After soaking in the hot bath, scrub your skin vigorously and when drying off do the same.  It is supposed to help your body release more toxins through the pores.  Like I said, I can't say that it is true, but I guess it is worth the few minutes it would take (I did it last night during my bath).  

good luck to you!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.