Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

how long is the sleep cycle messed up??

It is my 5th day off, and last night was my worst night! I felt ok during the day, took my klonipin in the evening, and fell asleep at 10 only to awaken at midnight!! I could not sleep the rest of the night. I was sweating and my body was on fire. It was like hotflashes, which felt hormonal, but could they be from withdrawal? The worst was already over I thought. Have not slept good all week, but that was hell. How long does it take?? even the stupid klonopin does not knock me out.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you deserve to be a big baby.  it's hard, painful, mind-numbing.  i am not trying to make you envy me or think i'm capable of something you're not.  you can go outside.  you can feel the sun on your face and walk to the mailbox/dumpster/next block down.  the sun creates a physiological sense of wellness, and endorphins from even mild exertion load the brain with serotonin.  if it's the only think you do, walk the block.  i swear it's worth it.  if not, you're money back!  =)
one last thing, i got myself some trazadone and clonidine from a dr. at our local detox unit by begging and wheedling to be treated as outpaitent.  i also run there all sweaty and huffy-puffy to show them i OBVIOUSLY didn't need to be locked up in there!  i guess it worked.  got my meds, but not a bed =)
Helpful - 0
Wow I envy you too! I just can't get myself to do anything! The sweats, and everything have me down like a weight. Not only that...and let me know if anyone else has had this as a symtom..I feel as if I cannot get enough air in. Ontop of the sweats..it scares me to try and push myself. I feel like I have run a marathon already and I am only sweating out this poison.

I am a big baby, I know. (sigh)
Helpful - 0
hey  hun;
I posted to you under the last post. :)
Helpful - 0
I just turned 30. Poison=Vicodin
Helpful - 0
wow hun, I am so sorry. What was your drug of choice, and How are you now?
Helpful - 0
i am on day 17 of methadone withdrawal.  the sleeping is the last thing your body can get right.  here's a couple things i've found that "trick" your body into slumber.  first and foremost, a body that is stagnant throughout the day does not require rest b/c there is nothing to rejuvenate or repair.  get your body outside!  go for a walk, jog, swim, anything!  just get blood pumping through those poor extremeties.  otherwise, why would they sleep?  they get to sit on the couch and feel sorry for themselves all day.  Next, establish a routine.  mine is, eat a banana, take a 20 minute hot hot bath, take some sleep aids, and make sure the house is quiet and calm.  i think about whatever makes me happy and in bed and slow my breaths to 8 per minute.  if i can't sleep, back in the bath and more melatonin.  if, of course, you CAN NOT sleep, you don't need it.  i know you feel like you need it, but i think of it this way, you must not have earned it b/c you're not getting the prize.  for the last two weeks, i absolutely cannot get a satisfying nights sleep unless i hit the pavement for at least 45 minutes.  this may be something most aren't willing to do, but the moral remains the same.  you've got to "earn" your sleep.
pardon the pun
god bless
Helpful - 0
It took me almost 2 weeks to get a good night sleep. I felt so tired and weak, but could not sleep. I quit cold turkey, but not by choice because I was admitted in the hospital from a car accident that was of course my fault. (Also survived overdose)  As much as I suffered, I cannot begin to imagine what it would of been like without being on IV.
Helpful - 0
Oh hun, I feel you!!!! And no, in your defense the klonopin does not help much at all. I too take it for my anxiety/panic disorder.

I just yesterday decided to up and go C/T. BAD BAD idea. Anyhow..I fell asleep kind of early, only to, just like you awake soaking wet. But on top of that, I had the cold sweats. Stomach felt horrible too. My legs as Track put it in one of their posts, felt as if they wanted to run a marathon. Tossed and turned. Woke up this morning after finally doseing off to feel all the same all over again. I am now sitting in my house, with nothing on (clothes yes)..no tv, no lights, just the puter.

This is the first time I have ever went w/o the vics. So I really cannot say how long this will last, I wish I knew also. I caved this morning though and took a half, and that helped a little. Then a half earlier this evening. I plan on going to bed early again. Try and sleep as much of this away as I can. I tell you...if I knew even a jist of what I know now? I would never have touched these pills to begin with. This is just horrible, and even that doesn't describe it. So if it is any  help at all, I know and feel the same with you. I am an avid diet pepsi drinker, however that makes my stomach feel worse so I had a friend pick me up some sprite. Not sure if that is something for you or not, but just a small suggestion. I feel that the cold sweats and the sick stomach make this the worst. I cover up and uncover, etc, etc. I also have my fan on me full blast. Nothing seems to really help but sleep. I have heard ranges from 3 days to 5 days for the worst of the symptoms, but again I am new to this also.
I will be on and off through out the night so if you need anything else feel free to post. I am praying for you sweety.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.