Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

This site is a lifeboat of friends

My back is killing me today.  Partially because I found all of you on this site last night for the first time.  I read, and read, and read, and absorbed soooooo much from people with so much more knowledge and love than I can imagine.

I have never ever been in a chat room, nor used my laptop for anything but business.  It was meant for me to stumble onto you.

Having said that, how could I possibly feel any of you would be envious of my full bottle last night.  Thought some of you may be jealous etc.  Ha!!  I CANNOT BELIEVE how yaaed up I got last night and I sat here for hours not moving this old 46 year old back, with my neck crooked, and boy do I feel it this a.m. Ofcourse I didn't feel any pain last night.  I took three vics every time I hit the bottle.

The good news is, I AM NOT GOING THROUGH MENAPAUSE for crying out loud, the sweats are those mini-withdrawals between doses (I suppose especially when I go to bed for hours)  I finally felt I could go to lay down at 2:00a.m. (THANKYOU VICADDICT FOR STAYING UP WITH ME) sweats started at 3:30a.m. didn't end until 4:30a.m. and for that I think you are jealous?????!!!!!  I can't remember who shared the between doses mini-withdraw theory with me, but you are accurate and speak the truth.  I maybe couldn't rest easy because I was very excited about the site.

Today I have committed to (again someone I may not exactly remember today after all the info I absorbed last night) a person in this group to count.  I WILL COUNT TODAY.  I did not start out taking three out this a.m.  I took one.  Out of space.
THank YOU ALL
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have committed to record my intake as it happens.  Accountability may help me.  I certainly cannot sit here in one position for hours as I did last night.  SOmething I could and would not do if I were out.  See, it makes me wired, and now tired, and so much in pain from not moving a muscle.  I also use pain patches Lidocain.  And needed three on my back today.  

I have had two spinal surgeries, have one current "smashed" disc and one herniated disc above the two fusions.  Not a good combination for getting myself so "intense" on vic that I don't feel the pain I am causing ie. sitting at the computer for hours. It could be anything really, hell, I could mow the lawn and cut down trees when I'm doing this much vic, and never think twice about the pain.

So for this I thought you may be jealous of me and my bottle???  Hell no, I am learning those of you who didn't take any last night are the hero's in my book.  And I'm sure a few of you damn well knew I was in trouble from the get go, and had no desire at all to be in my shoes.

Thank you for listening, and today I will be accountable to this forum for each one I take.   I WILL NOT TAKE THREE OUT AT A TIME TODAY.  I WILL NOT TAKE THREE OUT AT A TIME TODAY.  I WILL NOT TAKE THREE OUT AT ONCE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Ohhhhhh Baby... at 46 you COULD indeed be starting with the FREAKING WONDERFULNESS of menopause... but the intense sweating has a lot to do with the Vic intake.

Try Conquering one demon at a time.   I went on HRT because I need to work and survive and being in wet clothes in the middle of the day is not acceptable.  The patch works.   It's not a life long committment and you don't do any damage or feel anything more than Menopause symptoms..if you go off and on.  It's a trial and error kinda thing.

Yea... I know about the pain... my body aches... but hell... at least I'm feeling SOMETHING at this point.

Just wanted to say Hi to you... Best thing I have to offer, is get yerself to a good GYN...some test will determine the Menopause thing then you won't have to be guessing ....I'm not a Dr... I can only talk about this stuff thru my experience I have 10 years on you.. and had a Hysterectomy 10 years ago I should be well over hot flashes by this time...but I know FOR ME the drenching at night is partially due to my drug consumption.   Please, please, don't take my words and develop them into fact for yourself...we are all different.   The mini-withdrawl diatribe is fact....that's why we need more all the time... just to feel the same.

Just some Gipsee philosophy... take it for exactly what you paid for it.

My wishes for you for today is getting through the day with your resolve.

Take Care
Gip

Helpful - 0
Good morning Ladies!
Gosh Gip! I just love your reading's. Funny how I thought of almsot the same line as you but you worded it better: "Just some Gipsee philosophy"..I love it, and I love you girl!!!!  You always seem to make everything so much better!! I always say to myself before I get on...I have to see what gip had to say today!!
Oh No!!!!!!!!!! I have another addiction!!!! To you!!!!!!!!!
(Not trying to offend anyone, just some humor)

ANd Creek! you late nighter you!! I was glad to see your posts, and glad to see you here with us today!!! Looking forward to more readings.......

Also Creek? Way to go on your new way of thinking!!! NO MORE 3 at a time!! Way to go!!!!!!!!! And actually to be honest, in a little tiny way, I was wishing I had a full bottle when I read your posts. But I know where that would get me, so I am glad I don't. :)
Welcome to the site sweety!

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.