Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How long til I feel normal from VICODIN w/d's

I have been taking 10mg vic DAILY (only 4 days w/o) since March '06. Take anywhere from 100mg-200mg a day. I have quit c/t but only lasted 4 days. I am starting new Monday the 8th. cold turkey again. I have all the vitamins needed for the Thomas Recipe, even got something to help me sleep for the first 3 days. (some kind of benzo, which I NEVER have liked that kinda stuff)
Wondering if there is anyone here that has clean time and how long before the engery level is back up using the Thomas Recipe?
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am into 4 days if Norco w/d.I have been on Norco for about 7 or 8 mths. I managed fine until last mth. I went through 120 pills in one month. I had so much stess so I would keep popping the pills. Anyway I was hoping that someone could tell me how long w/d last. I have been so sick and weak and all I want to do is sleep so I take stuff to help me sleep. Please someone give me some advice and if there something that can help with the symptoms. Thank you
Helpful - 0
wow, takes awhile for someone to respond. If anyone reading this wants to share their success stories at another place and bless others w. your knowledge, there is also HEALTHBOARDS.
Found alot of success stories there. One guy clean 4 years from VICODIN!
I will wait for someone to respond.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Hey Em,
Boy that ANIMAL you speak of is so true. AMITHY The lower you are the better, trust me. If Em says taper, do it as much as  possible.
~Lisa
Helpful - 0
if you have your date in mind, can you do a taper schedule for the next 2 days, like reduce it by 50% each day?
i know it's not a lot of time, but w/d off of 50 mgs of something is a whole different animal than 100.
good luck
god bless
Helpful - 0
It's so good to know there are other people you can turn to for support.  I just posted for the first time on this site and really hope I can use this instead of turning to the drug again.  Day 5 for me and I'm counting the hours.  My stomach is a mess, I can't sleep, I have no patience (3 small children), and my house is a mess.  I can't find the energy to do anything, and even if I could, I don't think I could stay focused long enough to do anything.
Good luck on Monday.  I'll check back to see how you're doing.
Helpful - 0
Thanks everyone. If possible go to Healthboards.com and read my posts. First is ADDICTED TO VICODIN & HATING LIFE, then my next thread is DETOX @ HOME. That would explain A WHOLE LOT. I am being evicted from my apartment. Last date is January 8th. I am in the process of looking at another apartment, but cannot get in for an application & response for approval until Monday. Meaning I wouldnt be able to move (if approved) until next weekend. I am afraid of doing so while in withdrawls. My x sister n law currently lives next door to me and she is going to watch my 3 kids until the worst  is over. However, she is going thru an eviction at the same time. We both got our notices at the same time. So, we are planning to move to the same place and she will be upstairs and I will be downstairs at the apartment below hers. So, if I can get everything moved I will still have the opportunity to have her watch the kids. Its either that or I can still detox now and use street drugs that are (for me) less addictive if used only for 3 days of moving---for motivation to pack & move.
I have 2 go 2 the new apartments Monday to turn in app. I am going to church tomorrow to pray about what to do and pray that we get the apartment.
I know that I dont have enough meds to last all the way to next weekend. So, even if I can make it til I am done packing I can get enough guys to move the stuff and work on unpacking at a steady pace w.out killing myself.
--------------QUESTIONS FOR THOSE W/ CLEAN TIME-------------
What can I expect on days 5, 5 and 7? When I went c/t the last time I was actually doing okay on the 4th day and my use (7-15 a day) was the same as now. All that bothered me then was COMPLETE & TOTAL LACK OF ENERGY. Now I know that if I do not lay around all the time, get excersize and take vitamins as well as l-yrosine I MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE.
HONESTLY, would anyone here quit cold turkey in the middle of having to FIND A NEW HOME, PACK UP A 3 BEDROOM APARTMENT &  care for 3 kids
OR
wait until everything is packed and you get an answer to start the detox process?

My  bet is to start packing NOW. Get the new apartment approved and then once everything is over @ the new apartment, go thru the detox. As many here know, just the excitement of a NEW HOME is exhilirating. I LOVE decorating and new scenery. I think THAT part of it is coming at a good time. Especially since none of my dealers know where I am moving, my cell phone is going to be turned off on the 9th.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Hey, I am clean 2 wks, and doing GREAT! The worst part is over for me, it was sleep deprivation. I ended up getting Valium for that. Sweetie, Take it one day at a time. Do not USE AGAIN!U R BETTER than that! Do you have questions?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.