Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Thankyou to Everyone who has replied to my 1st Post..Please keep working w/me.

I am trying to detox...I took appropx. 10-12 Hydro 7.5s yesterday and 3 this morning and 3 a bit ago and dont plan on anymore tonight. I have decided to do 3 tomorrow and 1 on monday. I have scheduled a massage Monday late afternoon and plan on toughing it out from there.. I am going to need to "talk" alot thru this...So if you all will help, it would greatly be appreciated..i feel so alone.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
175363 tn?1200946321
yes! please taper! i had my date and taper planned out it took a whole year! but here i am been over 2wks no pills go in my body unless they come from gnc.
i didnt taper down enuff and still went through withdrawals, but i planned it during christmas vacation and all is well.
last nite i went to see a friend, and he was also my street pharm, still my friend! while i was there, i tested myself. he was taking his methadone which he needs for pain. i said just let me hold a wafer! i looked at it and it looked like SATAN HIMSELF!
i think im gonna be ok, no i KNOW I WILL!
ur with the right people if u need help. the pages are crawling with it.
***@**** if you need some extra support, im here FOR ANYONE.
PLEASE NOTE: if i dont answer right away, i could be at work or with my four kids. i do my best to answer asap. i have mobile email too, for some reason when i post on my palm, it creates duplicate entries. who knows??
all my prayers go out to everyone on the road to recovery!
be blessed.
Lisa  
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
yes! please taper! i had my date and taper planned out it took a whole year! but here i am been over 2wks no pills go in my body unless they come from gnc.
i didnt taper down enuff and still went through withdrawals, but i planned it during christmas vacation and all is well.
last nite i went to see a friend, and he was also my street pharm, still my friend! while i was there, i tested myself. he was taking his methadone which he needs for pain. i said just let me hold a wafer! i looked at it and it looked like SATAN HIMSELF!
i think im gonna be ok, no i KNOW I WILL!
ur with the right people if u need help. the pages are crawling with it.
***@**** if you need some extra support, im here FOR ANYONE.
PLEASE NOTE: if i dont answer right away, i could be at work or with my four kids. i do my best to answer asap. i have mobile email too, for some reason when i post on my palm, it creates duplicate entries. who knows??
all my prayers go out to everyone on the road to recovery!
be blessed.
Lisa  
Helpful - 0
One more idea...I took a calendar and laid out my daily doses inside the squares instead of just shaking them out of the bottle.  

P.S.  Don't snort the shavings...hehe :) Throw the powder away.
Helpful - 0
Tapering is the best way to go, and you have the right idea, because cold turkey nearly guarantees failure somewhere down the line.  

Here's some advise you may want to consider.  You are tapering too much at once.  If you are taking 10-12 7.5's a day, that's approximately 75mg of hydrocodone per day.  I recommend the following schedule, it will lead to very little withdrawls and allow your body to adjust.  

Here goes:

Day One:  75mg
Day two:  74mg (take a razor and shave off approx 1mg of a pill
Day three: 73mg (use the razor and shave off some more...
Day four:  70mg (shave off some more)
Day five:  65mg....
Day six:  60mg....
Day seven: 55mg....
Day eight 50mg...
Day nine:  45mg...
Day 10:  40mg...
Day 11:  35mg...
Day 12:  30mg....
Day 13:  25mg...
Day 14:  20mg...
Day 15:  15mg...
Day 16:  10mg...
Day 17:  5mg...
Day 18:  4mg...
Day 19:  3mg...
Day 20:  2mg...
Day 21:  1mg....
DAY 22....YOU ARE OFF THE HYDROCODONE!

Three weeks may seem like a long time, but this is the most painless way.  I am currently on 16 (two 10's) and have suffered NO withdrawls to date.  During the afternoon hours, I crave some more mg's, but I just get busy doing something and in about 5-10 minutes the urge goes away.  

Don't shock your system by drastically taking away such a very powerful chemical - it could be dangerous.  Try the 21 day taper and I bet it works for you too.  

Good luck - you can do this!
Helpful - 0
Thankyou so much...it is your few minutes of compassion that is goimg to get me thru this, and I very much appreciate it.
Helpful - 0
Hun..you will get pleanty of support here, trust me! If that is the plan you have for yourself, great! I on the other hand, and this is just me. I would slowly taper. I was 8-10/day now over the weekend I have really decreased. One day at a time sweety, don't push yourself. ok?

Everyone here will back you 100% no matter what.

Thoughts with you and prayers!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.