Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Vicaddict - Please read

Hey you... how are you doing.   I read a couple of post from you yesterday.   I'm sure glad your dogs are OK... I love my dog so much...just the thought of her running out into the street.... I'm glad they are safe.   Cats sure are smart little things... LOL.. I'm a cat person as well.

VicA... I read your post about SOMA...from what I can read about them... they are devastatingly ADDICTIVE.  *Sigh*...

Let us know please how it went at the Drs.... I'm hoping he gives you HELL and helps you find a way to legtimately taper safely.  

I'm learning that a Taper program, diligently kept, can be a lot less painful than going C/T.   We all have to get through this the Best way we know how.

Take care of you
Gip
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey hun..thanks. Yes I do plan on telling him everything.
Helpful - 0
Hey hun! Dogs are fine! And yes thank god! I am doing "ok" slipped like I said on Friday night. Yesterday was better..took 3 all day..fell asleep early (9pm1) and just woke up! It is 11am on Sunday morning. Feeling the same stuff I felt the other day. COld sweats, icky feeling..nervous...and wokeup to my back hurting like hell! So I did take one pill just now. Hope that is enough to get me through the day! If not like I said I broke the rest in halves..and kept out 3 whole ones. Not much there total anyhow..but at least it's something to take the edge off. I don't want to "dip" so maybe that is a good sign?? Did some dishes yesterday that desperately needed doing, felt good enough for that, took a shower! God knows I needed that!! Then made some snacks last night, a shrimp dip but fell asleep on couch before I got to try it! When i woke up I had those dreadful thoughts of man how am I going to face today??? Not another one of these days, ya know what I mean.
A bit nervious about the dr but I am going to do it. Do you think he will shut me right off right there? Or do you think he will want a taper too. Or do you think he will say..you should know better and these w/d's are not going to hurt you, and send me on my way? I did hear that from ONE dr. last summer...I went to the walk in and that is exactly what they told me! They will not hurt me, I would be fine and sent me on my way!! I am just full of curiosity..and scared too! Thanks for writing to me, and sorry I took so long but like I said I zonked out early!!! :)
Helpful - 0
If you are honest and up front with the Dr... and the Dr. is worth any salt at all...he will try his hardest to do what is right for you.

You have to be willing to go along w/the plan... earnestly...!

I have had very little experience with all this.  My Dr was great on Friday...with the Xanax... I just told her I want out...told her what I did cold turkey... asked her not to give me any more pain meds with renewals for 6 months at a time.  I may indeed need some at one point...but I don't need them every day.. a certain amount, etc., so we discussed how to do the Xanax.. she sorta said she felt bad that I didn't trust her enough to let her help me w/the withdrawal and that be that.

But we know eachother personally...she understood my dilema.. and she was the one Rxing this stuff for me... she knows my surgical history, etc.

You are going to have to decide how honest you want to be with your DR.   Lord only knows how many lies I concocted this last two weeks to have my time to myself.  Sooner or later I will tell who needs to be told what I did... soon as I feel strong enough to be out of the woods

Gip
Helpful - 0
Hey hun, thanks for response. Well I plan on being totally honest fully, no holds barred. In fact this is what I am going to tell him:
That when I started these meds, I did need them for my pain...do still need something for the pain..however I can't do this Cold TUrkey as I tried over this past weekend. SO I am trying to wean..and am totally committed to doing that, and hope that you will be able to help me through this. I no longer want this drug. I am now fully aware of what your concern was now but did not see it clear when I started this drug. I never thought I could be in this perdicament. Not in a million years! I am also going to tell him, that I started to need more...and been stuck in this for a while now, for fear of telling him. I also am going to tell him that I KNOW I can't do it alone...I may be weak, whatever. I don't care at this point, as I only know I want off of these for good, and just can't do it alone. I am going to tell him I have researched alot over the past week, and every symtom I have seen from people who are addicted, fit me to a tee. And I want out!
I will ask if (A) I can be safely tapered off of these, and am wholey committed to doing that and or (B) I get something for my pain ( non-narcotic ) that will work just as well, and something to keep me comfortable while I unleash the poison. I do have to raise my kids too during all of this, so I am going to ask him for the least uncomfortable way, and least amount of replacement drugs to get me over this hill. I want nothing that is going to make me feel like a zombie. I probably am already asking for too much!!! lol.
But either way..does this sound somehwat ok as to what I can tell him? I plan on writing things down as to not forget the most important reasons I want off, and what I REALLY have been using. I am afriad that the fact alone that I medicated MYSELF, over what he prescribed may have him shut me out completely.
But I am hopeing My honesty, and coming forward will say a little something of how serious I am here, and that I need his help.
What ya think?
Helpful - 0
If you tell him the truth,,, and you are willing to do what he thinks is best... the truth will set you free.

No Dr. who understands the aftermath of abuse will turn you away.   Be honest, be sincere (because he'll see through it if you are not sincere) and do the best you know how to do to follow his instructions.

Tell him EVERYTHING!

Good Luck
Gip
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.