Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anyone have suggestions (PLEASE-that was meant to sound a little whiny)

It's been 9 days since my last dose of vicoprofen.  This morning I woke up in horrible pain (first time in around 2 weeks - maybe it was the painting yesterday gip?)  Anyway, I don't (I really really really) don't want to take a vicoprofen.  I have opened the drawer twice, looked at the bottle, thought of the hell I was in last weekend and closed it.  My husband said to try taking one to see if it will ease the pain even a little.  I am afraid one won't work, or two, or three (three pills four times a day is how it is prescribed to me).  But I don't know what to do.  I took two voltaren (an Nsaid) and two Ibuprofen 200s.  Took a hot bath (which I couldn't get out of on my own.  I'm afraid to use a heating pad because it can actually cause more swelling and ice just makes my spine ache more (thank you osteo-arthritis at 31 years old).

Here is my official back diagnosis : Bulging at L3, L4, L5, S1.  The left L5 nerve is stuck in between the vertebra and disc (though since I am not having leg pain I don't think that is the issue), degen. disc disease, degen. joint disease and osteo-arthritis.  I don't know what is actig up, but I am willing to bet it is the arthritis....

Anyone have a suggestion?  Please!!!!!!!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My arthritis was diagnosed thru a series of about 27 X-rays and then rheumatoid arthritis was ruled out by blood work.  The degeneration is clear when looking at the xrays.
Helpful - 0
Hey hun;
Im sorry to hear your in so much pain!! But I hear ya g/f!! I have a question for you..
This oste-arthritis....how was that diagnosed? After my multiple MRIS AFTER my surgery..I am told I do have some buldging now on another disc ( forget which one) and of course the scar tissue and swelling at the surgical site, and arthritis. PLus I have gained a ton of weight since that I am sure is contributing to the pain as well. Anyhow, Surgery was 3 yrs ago!!!! Had 2 discs removed that were slipped. L4&5 I believe they were. Have to get out my papers to be sure but pretty sure that was the ones.

I wake up in the morning I cannot move...its not AS bad as it was pre surgery..but it is bad. I get up..hard as hell specially with no help..my kids are too small lol..they cannot help me up. Walk hunched, and very very slowly..go to the rest room and I can't even wipe properly!!! That is until my pain meds kick in.I can't reach back, or stand straight..etc, etc.
But...anyhow..I am jusr curious how they found out that it was osteo-arthritis back there. ie;Blood work, mri, etc.

Just curious.
Hope your feeling better by now!!!
Helpful - 0
You are right about the tensing.  It's been about 4 hours so I am going to take another dose of the voltaren, ibuprofen and a klonipin, maybe the klonipin will help me relax enough that it will let the others work.  I just don't know what else to do!
Helpful - 0
Prolly was the painting.  Listen... try doing a bit more Ibuprofen (sp) before hitting that bottle.  Instead of two... take 3 at one time and try to "relax".   It's all so tenuous at this point I doubt one will put you back into having to take them.. but hey .. what do I know.

They had Ibuprofen in them anyway... the only thing missing is the opiate.  *slumping shoulders*....   You still have some of the Kolopin?  Or however you spell that.   You're prolly tensing and making it even worse than it is on top of all the worrying.. can't be good.

Try upping the IBu...get on the bed.. fluff the pillows first and just get comfortable enough to try to relax.

One day at a time sweetie.. if you have to take one.. just do it.. and ferget about it tomorrow is another day.

XoXo
Gip
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.