Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

IM TAKING A NEW PATH THIS WEEK...

Im going to my phsyciatrist this week..as he promised to put me on SUBUTEX wich is just like SUBOXONE except theres no opiate blocker in it. so il be able to start takn the subutex the day i get it (wich is great cuz i DONT have to wait and get sick before taking this medication). im on 70mg of methodone daily now so hopfully this will be the drug that FINALY gets me off the methodone..&name=criminal
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
AWSOME!!! Great news! Ok now I know I have asked this before and I apologize, but I heard of one then this othe rone. I don't know which is which and what does what.

What is the SUBUTEX and what is the SUBOXONE. Also, can you please explain to me what each does? Also why one you can take but not the other for a certain amount of time? I think that was you who poasted that. That you had to wait for the one, didn;t you? Had to be off the oxy before you could start one of them or something? God I hope I don't have you mixed up again with someone else! lol.
Helpful - 0
to start taking SUBOXONE you must be on 30mg or less of methodone. and since the SUBOXONE has a opiate blocker in it you have to wait til the methodone/opiates are out of you to take it (wich means getting very sick before taking suboxone). as for the new med SUBUTEX, its just like suboxone except they dont put a opiate blocker in it..wich means you can be on a higher dose of methodone (like i am) and still take it. and you dont have to wait til your sick to start taking it. *for once im very hope full*
Helpful - 0
Ahhh... ok. Now when you say an Opiate blocker...what is that? I mean..does that intervene and stop the withdrawing from the opiate?
Helpful - 0
no. an opiate blocker NUETRALIZES all opiates in your body.. so if some one is on suboxone and tries to get high the suboxone will block the opiate from giving any high at all and you will proly just get dope sick instead of getting high. 0H also..people that overdose usualy get injected with "Narcon" (another opiate blocker) by the hospital and it nuetralizes the opiates in them and saves them from dying from a OD..usualy they wake up from the OD RITE after the injection..if administerd in time
Helpful - 0
Ohh ok hun...thanks for this info!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.