Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Norco Habit

I have been browsing the site for several months and finally decided to join.  Why?  I was finally able to say the words I"m an addict.  It made me feel icky but liberated.  I wrote a letter to myself today accepting that this is where I am in my life and I'm ready to move on to the next stage but I recognize that I cannot do that until I say goodbye to this one.  So goodbye and hello.  I have been on and off meds since back surgery in 97.  I have always gone cold turkey when I stopped this was not a problem until a pain doctor put me on norco.   Then things got hard.  So tomorrow morning when I wake up I will begin to taper off.  I'm on 12 10/325 a day.  I know that I can stop.  I also know that I will need a support system of people to help me stay off.  That's the real trick.  Finally to my question.  I will begin a new workout routine tomorrow.  I'm not sure how taking these meds will effect how I should workout.  Anyone have an answer.  I look forward to reading your posts.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I didnt get the luxury of weaning myself off darn it. my doc just decided to drop my insurance, sooooo withdrawals here we go.

If you start feeling the way I do right now, working out will be something you only think about for a while yet LOL.

At least I still have some sense of humor left, despite feelin like death warmed over, and barely able to look at the screen.

Hopefully 5 days down, and ?? to go.

rsd_al
Helpful - 0
This is not my first time to wd.  I would suggest that if insurance is stopping you from getting meds than maybe meds are not what your addicited to.  Pain can be a very powerful thing.  I don't expect to be making any progress working out for a while.  They have a hot tub in this place.  So I will be there for a while.  My doc has not idea how far up the a** off these pills I am.  3-4 10's 4 times a day.  The taper is my choice I want my life back.  The pain I go through now is not what is was before I had surgery.   The docs want to go in and do more.  I said no let me lose the 80lbs I've put on since the last surgury before I let you in again.
I believe I will have success this time because I am home.  I was living in a different town away from extended family for those 7 years and now I'm home and more relaxed and at peace and happy.  I don't need the pills to make me happy again.
I say all of this with the humble optimistic heart of hour #2 of detox.  Will you still write when your on the other side.  It won't be long now.
Helpful - 0
I will stay writing when im on the other side. I think people need to hear some success stories. I will succeed!

You banged it right on the head with me and pills. My family wants me to stay on them becasuse they remember what kind of life I had before them, which was zero. But like I tell them, I was already getting to the point where the pain had slipped through the pills, and it was time to up the dose again.

Once the doc dropped me, and the ignorance was lifted about how most doc's wont even write scripts for these kinds of meds, and the w/d started. MAN I dont ever want to go through this again, NEVER! So no more meds, but pain I will just have to deal with.

We can do this!
rsd_al
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.