Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Are vicodins restarting withdrawals?

I am on day 5 of detox after 2 and a half years taking 5 ms contin 30mg a day, with about 5 norco for breakthrough pain. During the last 5 days I have been taking 1 vicodin 500 for the pain of the withdrawals every 6 to 8 hours when the pain got too much for me. Did it restart my withdrawals everytime I took one, or am I still on day 5.

Im still suffering all the symptoms of withdrawals, and I want to be on day 5 still. I feel like death warmed over FOR SURE!

Today I went and got some soma, tramadol, and something for anxiety, since I suffer with that everyday of my life due to the dang RSD.

Lookin forward to kickin pain meds for good, but not lookin forward to the pain that got me on them. I will never go back as this is H$%!@. Believe me!

Goin it alone
rsd_al
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are no longer on day 5.  You have begun day one all over again, which is evident in the symptomology every 6-8 hours.  That duration will shorten to 4-6 and then 2-4  hours very quickly.  Be careful and get away from the Vicodin.
Helpful - 0
That is exactly what I felt like. DARN! Went through 5 days and still on one, and it feels like it too.

I start tramadol tonight, hopefully that wont keep me on day one forever. Really lookin to be free!

rsd_al
Helpful - 0
I've been to this site a few times, it was the only place where I found that what I was/had expirenced was real. One thing I've learned is withdrawls are not the same and can vary greatly from person to person. Your 5 day withdrawl with your restarting does set you back as answered. BE carefull the addiction comes back fast! Too mitigate your damages get back on track ASAP.    

I've not seen anyone discuss Buprnex for years on this site. It can be helpfull, but it has potetnial as well. I intend to write some more but I am going thorugh my own detox at the moment, I have a really important thing to do tommorow morning. I'm just trying to get to sleep and not let the pressure of tommorow take me off my taper.
Helpful - 0
Be careful with the Tramadol... I think they are somewhat addicting as well.   And from what I've read over the last two weeks Soma is very addicting as well.  

I'm just coming out of a C/T withdrawl for Vics.. it hurts... and mannnn... I am in full post addiction withdrawal syndrome ... the restelessness is overwhelming ....but it's worth it to be able to think clearly... Next goal is to feel Normal.

If you have access to all these Scripts... did you tell the Dr. You wanted out of the pill life?  Maybe he/she would be able to help you with a regimented taper for a while.   The dependency on Vics gets pretty demanding as well.. w/d is hell.   The goal I would suppose is getting out of the opiate Merry-go-round.  Vics are very addicting not as strong as the MS Contin.. but if that's what it takes to taper... then you will have to start all over again with the Vicodin thing.  

I wish you well

One day at a time... however you can manage.

Gip
Helpful - 0
Norco and Vicodin are the same thing.  I just wanted to tell you that.  

Your original post was a bit confusing... I guess if you are W/D doing one thing at a time might be sensible.

Doesn't matter how many days it is really... what matters is that the physical symptoms reduce considerable on about day 5.  

Re-group... figure out what you are taking for what.. and what you are taking NOW.. it may just be that you will need to taper if all those pain meds were Rx'd by the same Dr.

Opiate w/d are terrible... but everything you are taking will have an effect on you as you eliminate them.  Those Soma's scare me...but you obviously have had them Rx'd.

If it helps... just do the one drug at a time and take your recovery slow.  

Gip
Helpful - 0
rsd,,,please do not go from 1 drug to another,,we are addicts,,if your going to do it ,,try doing it straight,,believe me I am in day 5 and if you read my posts over the last few days,,I was there!!!,,I am still not feeling well but I am getting periods of life back into me,,,,listen,,ultram is what your taking is also danger,,along with any other class 2 or class 3 substance,,try not to substitute 1 crutch for another unless its MD recommended,,all those benzo's and super strong muscle relaxers are all no good,,,,stay strong and stay the course,,,start exercising and forget the pain,,take a motrin if you really need it,,I have suffered through 3 back surgeries with a spinal fusion and that is not stoping me,,,not today anyways,,,day 5 for me ,,,,peace my friend and stay the course with the rest of us!!!!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for all the replies! you all are the best!

Well luckly im feeling pretty good this morning, and im watching it very closely on the other meds believe me. They are the lowest dosage you can get, and the least addicting of most meds according my new doc. I will only take them when I just cant take it anymore, going cold turkey from the all the other meds really sent me into some serious pain.

It wasnt that I was craving a pain pill mentally, it is more of a physical addiction. I never was an addictive type person thank god! I wil shake the pills, and feel real good about it.

Glad I found this place cause it really helped those first few days to read about everyone going through the same thing. Problem was I couldnt hardly look at the screen, and also couldnt get my fingers to type LOL. Soon as I felt I could I posted up right away!

I actually slept 5 hours last night!! A world record LOL

We can do this!
rsd_al
Helpful - 0
Keep up the excellent work, you have the right mind set and you will get through this.  I don't know, but people do taper off of things I guess, so consider yourself tapering, instead of starting over at day one.  Whatever works, is what we need to do.  Hang tough.  You will get through this, because you want it bad.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.