Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I think it is really day 6!

I awoke this morning after 5 hours of sleep!! Feelin better than all the previous days, so maybe the vic's didnt restart the w/d's.

The doc gave me 15 on friday, and today I still have 4 left, and will not touch them. Yesterday I told him I just needed something to help get through this very painful ordeal. He was very helpful, and in another post I put down what he gave me. Even my pharmacist is being very helpful, he never really liked me taking all the ms contin's =)
Here is what the doc gave me, and it has helped tremendously.

Tramadol 50mg tabs for pain
soma     350mg tabs to help sleep only
buspar   5mg tabs for anxiety

I will not abuse them, and only will take when it is sooooo tough I just cant go on. But this morning except for the general ill feeling ie: weakness, and shakey, and just a little pain. Im feeling pretty good!

Hopefully im turning the corner!
We can do this!
rsd_al
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ya know the first 3 - 4 days were the worst, and all I could imagine was going another week with the same feelings. I knew it would be bad because you just cant stop cold after 2 and a half years taking 150mg ms contin a day, and 5 - 6 norco a day along with it for breakthrough pain.

I never ran out though, as I followed the script to the tee. I was an ignorant dude. When I went looking for another doc, I found that no one liked my meds at all. That is when the reality of not having the meds set in.

I was ready for the worst, and I admit scared to death!
It is totally worth it, and I will never ever go back. EVER!

You all dont even know how much you helped me to keep my sanity the first few days. I wish I could have posted something, but I felt pretty dead. You all ROCK!!
Helpful - 0
Sounds like some mighty healthy recovery going on here...

Yea... US!

The first 4 - 5 days of w/d are nasty... it does get better... just think.. not only to feel pain... but just feeling something...

I can honestly say the last 6 months of my life I had no emotions about anything.   Not happy, not sad, not tired, not ANYTHING....

That's all starting to return... in it's time.

You guys are my stronghold...

gip
Helpful - 0
Thanks gipsee, im soooo proud of you, and hope you get that contract, and new car!

About the feeling coming back, im starting to realize I have a bad tooth. Man it hurts, but I really dont want to go to the dentist yet. Dang, I cant believe the pain meds covered the tooth thing so well.

Maybe in a couple more days I will go have it pulled, it is broken pretty bad, but never really hurt before. Pain meds are bad!

Keep up the progress!
Helpful - 0
OK I was reading back in the archives, that are only a few days old lol. Made me think about what ive come through so far.

The first day was very hard, grown man crying, and calling out to jesus for help. Layed there all night long suffering that darn RLS. I did take 1 500 vicodin about every 8 hours or so.

Second day was more of the same, couldnt even hold my head up, but found this site, and read what I could. Took about 3 vicodins the pain was rough, more than I imagined it could ever be.

Third day more of the same, maybe even worse, but this time slept for 1 and a half hours. Felt like death warmed over, headache, body ache. My nose was runnin, and my feet were smellin!

Fifth day was more of the same, but things were not so emotional. Although if anyone got on a subject that was touchy feely, I would be holding back tears. Or if I let myself think about what I was going through. Didnt take any vicodins from day 5 on, but did go see the doc and got some stuff to help out.

Today, feelin better, and this time slept 5 hours! Feeling like the pains and symptoms are going up and down. The diarhea is as bad today either. So there ya go a blow by blow, kinda thought people would like one, it was what I was lookin for.
Helpful - 0
I just noticed no runny nose today, and the diarria isnt so bad either.

Im starting to get excited to think im on the road up now!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.