Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

rsd_al -Everyone-Huge Question

I keep seeing this "Ms Contin" what is that? Here all this time I thought it was just a nic-name for oxy. Ya know like Mr Contin, etc.

I am so dumb when it comes to all these different types of Drugs. Wish I had been with this hydro too!!

Anyhow what is it? I am assuming in teh same family as Oxy, and the rest alike?

Thanks in advance!

Oh and also WAY TO GO to you rsd! Sounds like you are doing some heavy duty recovering my friend!! AWSOME!
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I started feelin better on day 5! Still feelin ok too, no runny nose, diarria isnt as bad, nor my stomach cramps. Your almost there!

You can do it!
Helpful - 0
Thank you, The support here is great!!

Well, hmmm, ms contin is a slow release morphine. It is I guess kinda like oxy codone, but not as powerful from what I understand.

The pills last for me about 5 hours, but you cant take another for at least 8 according to the doc's. They have the potential to stop your breathing, and your heart. So they could be very dangerous if abused.

They worked great for pain, but like everything else you get used to the dose, and must titrate up, or take something else to put the pain back under the morphine. That is about all I know about them even though I was on them for over 2 years.

One thing I liked about the w/d's was feeling my bowels come alive, as they kept me in a solid state of constipation the whole time I was on them. I had to take a stool softner everyday just to be able to be somewhat normal.

Hopefully someone else will come along that knows more than I, and can go into more detail.

I am making it!
Helpful - 0
Great, thanks for the info. Yeah I don't think I would mess with a med like that either. Meaning, abuse them. No way. I also do not think I would ever touch them period either, lol.
I am too afriad of all that stuff. That is why I have no idea how I got on these hydro's like I did. With all the fear I have of meds.

So strange.

Thanks again, and keep trucking!!
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
MS CONTIN is Morphine Sulphate..
MS Contin, a controlled-release tablet containing morphine, is used to relieve moderate to severe pain. While regular morphine is usually given every 4 hours, MS Contin is typically taken every 12 hours--only twice a day. The Kadian brand may be taken once or twice a day. The drugs are intended for people who need a morphine painkiller for more than just a few days.
Vic, stay away from these, girl!!!
Lisa

Helpful - 0
bugzzzz was on it ,,,it is strong,,,I was on controlled release and I even used to braek it to get faster absorbtion,,what a junkie....hey  day 5.................bugzzz
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Day 5? Nice...How do you feel right now?
Lisa
Helpful - 0
OMg Lisa! You got it! I would never touch the stuff. I am only on the Hydro..aside from my anxiety meds and depression, that is all. I take clonazepam 2xs/day for anxiety/panic disorder...Celexa for the anxiety/major depression and a beta blocker.

So like I said in one of my othe rposts, I can't do c/t. I just cannot add to my already disfcunctionial emotions. And when I tried the C/T for only those 26 hours..not any of those meds seemed to help at all. So I feel much safer tapering, without adding anything more to the mix.

:)
Helpful - 0
Hi.  I am on day 4 (give or take a few hours) C/T from Oxcycontin ER 20MG. Does it getter tommorow? I still have 17 left along with some stright 10MG IR for breakthru pain. I refuse to take any more. Honestly my wrist feels no worse than when I was talking my meds. I guess after tapering during 8 months of much stronger dosages that I assumed the pain would still be bad but I think I can live with it and need to get off this ****.

I feel so bad. Will it get better soon?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.