Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

WELL THE SECRET IS NOW HALF OUT

Called my Dr.s nurse because I am due for my refill...now I heard nothing back and the script was not filled as of yet. So I called and got the nurse. She said you had an appt to come in didn't you? I said yes I did but had to reschedule it due to certain circumstances however I did re-schedule it for Thursday. And it is regarding my meds..I would like to be weaned off as I tried to stop them and had some bad affects. Now I wonder if he will just prescribe something else! UGGGH, my big mouth. ANyhow..it is out of the bag, and no turning back now. Which is a GOOD thing. I always would get s**t from my nurse when I would call there for my refills. She would always ask me "Your still requiring those" I would get nasty. I would say YES, and I do have pain and YEs Dr knows this. As if it is any of her business right? Grr. Dr is the one prescribing them.

Anyhow...that being said..now Dr now will know why I am coming to see him Thursday. I cannot beleive I actually said it!! YAYYYYY.
I feel like a kid in a candy store! But like I said..I hope he does not make me wait out till Thursday or again like I said..just say he will give me something else and that I can handle the w/d and or that it won't hurt me.
Here I am sitting scared again.
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
93654 tn?1247499334
I'm a treatment coordinator for a probation dept. Actually, for a region that consists of about 9 depts. It just gets frustrating sometimes.
Helpful - 0
Right on!
you can do it!
Helpful - 0
I believe you can do it. Im the biggest whimp when it comes to pain, so if I can, anyone can. I know one thing for sure, and that every ounce of displeasure im feeling is well worth all of it.

To be in control of all my faculties again will be a godsend. The only trepidation I have is the orginal pain that got me into this mess in the first place. It was soooo unbearable that I would do anything to relieve it.

But I have made up my mind I WILL NEVER go through this again EVER. Heck the meds had stopped working anyways.

Dont be afraid, ask your doc for a little help to ease the  first few days. If he/she sees your sincere they should help you out. Ask for something for the anxiety, and something for pain,and to help you sleep. That has made all the difference in the world for me. That and this place is getting me through the roughest of days. Just remember, only use the meds you get to help make it bearable, try to tough it out as much as possible.

I am not going anywhere so you wont be alone.
Helpful - 0
I should say that if you have a problem taking meds, like you are doing it for the high. Maybe you should not get any of the meds I listed.

Only you know what you can handle. If you do get some meds, and find your doing them for a buzz, throw them out. But if you are using them properly to just relieve pain or anxiety etc., by all means use them.

I wish you all the best, and know you can do it!
Helpful - 0
GOOD FOR YOU!
I always hated those calls to the nurses - or dealing with the pharmacy.  But guess what - you are on your way to never having to deal with them again!!!!!

I know how you feel - like this huge burden has been lifted.  Just wait - when you fess up to the doc - you'll feel even better!

Helpful - 0
Way to go Vicaddict! I am going on day 4 and hopefully I will be seeing the light soon. Too far to go back now. I know you will prevail because it is what you want.
Scared isn't always a bad thing. I used it to make me more determined. Use whatever and whoever you can to make it work for you. Just being able to read and talk here has helped me a ton. I hope it will be a help for you as well.  Good luck!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
HI all;
I ready your post. I am not looking forward to my meds, but I admit I need them to taper. I have severe anxiety, and panic disorder and I have chosen to taper. I am right where I want to be. I am quitting them, but I am not doing c/t.
I have controlled myself for the past week, and I will continue to do that until I am off. And also with the help of my Physician. My meds are ready for pickup and I am not going to get them tonight. I will go tomorrow, or whenever I feel like going. I am not trying to be defensive at all, just stating where I am at with all of this. I am right where I want to be as far as my commitment to quit. I am not going back I whole heartidly know that. So I just wanted everyone to be aware of that. I am not happy I have to taper, but it is what works for me. I also do not want to have to add any meds to get through if I go c/t. So that is also the reason for tapering. My body personaly just cannot handle it. I also  have Major depression and I have had all of this plus the anxiety/panic/agoraphobia way before I met Hydro. I have been suffering with that for 13 years. Runs in my family. I am on meds for that, and do not want to add anything more to what I already have on my plate is all.
I appreciate your input, and all the advice. Thank you for your thoughts as well, appreciated.

Helpful - 0
you are taking a big step in the right direction. Until you release yourself from this, there will be no changes you want made.

For example, I got my refil instead of 60x2 (every two weeks) I got it in a month supply. I ate them like candy so I wouldnt be able to change my mind later. I forced myself into a situation where I didnt have anything to depend on later.
If you still look forward to getting something, you arent right where you need to be. If you are looking to quit.

Im not the best for quitting advice, as my day to stop actually starts tomorrow. But, I know that I can make it. I prayed and prayed and prayed that I would find the strength and then i got it. It was in accepting that it is going to be tough as hell and suck worse than anything before! But, it can only get BETTER. It will get worse leading into a few days then the fog will lift.
It is all about SURVIVAL.
I pray that you find yourself in the place you want to be. I am posting on HEALTHBOARDS.com if you want to read any of my progress and my inserts. Not to take away from here, but thats where all my info lies and I cannot imagine copying and pasting it all. lol

I prayed for you and I am here for you!
Helpful - 0
Thanks u hun. Appreciate it. And so can you!!! :)
Helpful - 0
93654 tn?1247499334
Good for you. And to tell it to the nurse that's been a B to you takes guts! :)
Helpful - 0
Thanks hun. I know I just get upset because it is not her concern what meds I am on. Even if I didn't have a problem with the Hydro. That is between my Dr and I..not between HER and I. I have to say though..I have somhow gotten some guts the past few days. Starting to really say the things I really want to say instead of holding back.

Maybe it is the decrease in these dang nasty pills! I have always been one to just take it and keep quiet. ALways the one who just can't tell anyone NO for anything. But the past week, I feel somewhat a changed person. I hope this is for the good and hope it is a good sign!

Thanks for your post hun! I hope you are doing well yourself sweety!
Helpful - 0
93654 tn?1247499334
It was kind of a crappy day. 3 clients kicked out of treatment, all of them making excuses, and none of them really wanting help...well, maybe one of them wants my help. It gives me hope to come here and read about people that want to be clean. Even if you backslide it's fine, as long as your goal is to get better.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
My prayers are with you...
Helpful - 0
Aww Im sorry hun. What is it that you do? Or do you mean you go for treatment, and 3 were kicked from there? Sorry, I get some mixed up with others here. LOL
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.