Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I'm new and need ALL too help

hi, i'm in a wheel chair and for the past 5 years been taking hydrocodone 10/650.  started out taking one before bed time then over the years it increased to 8 a day.  for the past year its been 5 a day.  but...now i'm in trouble.  i have 12 pills left and wont be getting anymore, been wanting to quite which is why i got it down to 5 a day.  i'm afraid i'm not strong enough to go through the withdrawal because i dont know what to expect.  please help me.  its been 6 hours since i last took a pill and i feel achy, sweaty, palms are wet, nervous, anxious.  i want off of these things but very afraid.  they run my life, but i'm not sure i can...very scared of pain and not being able to sleep.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
True that.
There is also the difference between if you use for a high, more of a mental addiction. Or if you use because of pain, more of a physical addiction.

When you use for pain, the drug is used up fighting the pain, but your body still becomes addicted, and possibly never gets the mental addiction. Some people with only the physical may never get withdrawals.

I know quite a few people that have never suffered withdrawals, I wish it was me LOL.
Helpful - 0
All,

Depending how much you used and for how long, the smallest ache in the world is going to feel much worse because your body has to learn how to produce it's own natural painkillers.  It took 6 months for me after 8 years of vicodin use. I'm not saying this to discourage anyone, I want everyone just to be aware. It really is your body healing and it just gets better everyday. Pain wise that is.
Helpful - 0
going into my 7th hour the longest i have  ever went without a pill and still  be awake.  at night i even wake up to get a pill.  my joints are starting to ache but i'm not sure thats from the withdrawal, they usually ache all the time.  scared i wont sleep tonight, wanting to take one lorcet before i go to bed but i'm going to take a sleeping pill instead.
Helpful - 0
Pike im on day 6, I posted a blow by blow down further on the list in "I think it is day 6". My doctor dropped my insurance, gave me 30 day script, and a letter saying 30 day notice. That was the end, and the beginning.

It is rough, but doable. At least that is the way I feel about it. I just want to be off them, and done with it, so head on I went kinda. I was taking ms contin and norco's, but new doc gave me 15 vicodin, I think I have 4 left, and wont be needing them.

Feelin like im turning the corner here now.

You can do it!
Helpful - 0
Hang in Pike. My 1st time so I am still figuring it out myself but many people here who are very supportive and IT HELPS. Listen and know you are not alone. It can be done. THINKING OF YOU AND SENDING MY BEST.
Helpful - 0
Your probably feeling the worst of it right now. It may get a little worse, but not to much. If you think you can go for it we are all here to cheer you on, if you cant it is ok.

Dont beat yourself up while you are feeling like you are, better to focus on being clean, and what that means to you if your gonna go for it.

Just keep saying to yourself I can do this!
Helpful - 0
i saw thomas' recipe and i dont have valium.  i plan on going to work tomorrow.  i spent the last 3 years hiding my addiction and living my life, wonder if i am good at hiding the withdrawal and still function at work.  going into my 8th hour and if it doesn't get any worse i can really do this.  just a light cold sweat, sweaty palms, knees hurting, feeling like i want a pill but not the angry i need a pill.  if this is all to kicking my 5 a day hydro 10mg habbit then i'm for it...just dont tell me that the worst is yet to come.  going into my 8th hour, decided not to take one before bed took an ambian instead plus a florcit for muscle relaxing maybe that will help my legs.  ambian is kicking in,,,thanks i'll let you know the rest tomorrow.
Helpful - 0
Heather is right about the restless leg thing, that is the hardest part of the whole thing, at least for me. Plus sleep alluded me the first few nights, but I am determined to stay the course.

We will do it all together!
Helpful - 0
pikeartist, Im sorry for anyone who goes through this. I am on my 9th day clean from 8 to 10 vic.s a day . This has been VERY hard on me and my body (im 31 and healthy I THINK). The GOOD news is YOU WILL FEEL BETTER!!! Take hot baths, keep stretching, you can take Ibuprofen every 4 to 6 hours for pain and or Benadyil (to help you sleep). I did this cold turkey and I am such a baby when it comes to pain. I think the worse parts were RLS (restless legs), not beadle to sleep and being so emotional I was able to cry about ANYTHING and ANY minuet. The first four days were pretty tough I thought and I did have temptation and I just told myself HE*L NO, I will not go through this EVER again. I thought OK at some point, I will run out and I NEVER want to go through this again. Also my children, I wanted to be a good mom and I didn't feel I was doing that (the year and 1/2). Please remember IT WILL GET BETTER. Its a few days of feeling like sh*t BUT A LIFETIME OF FEELING GOOD. I will help and I know everyone else will help. This site is a lifesaver for a lot of people. The people on here are so kind, loving, concerned, worried, helpful and MOST OF ALL SUPPORTIVE. Which is what you need. I will pray for you. There is a light at the end of this tunnel I PROMISE!!! With hope for you, Heather
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.