Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Help Discolor Am i Ok ?

i've been on hydrocodone for about a year now. Up until last thursday i've spoken with my doctor and hes helping me get off of them, by tapering me off day by day. I had to come completely clean and tell him everything including the part about me snorting them. I was doing 13 a day now down to 5, taking it day by day but, My nose is all dry and i've been using Ocean nose spry, vitamin e oil, and some antibacterial ointment and it seems to be helping. the problem is theres a discolor of the skin in my nose, the left nostril, its blue, and i was wondering willt his go away ? can i use or do something different to help it heal? Please and Thank You for any information u can give me.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
that sounds serious.  when skin turns blue it usually isn't getting blood and/or oxygen.  go to your doctor about it immediately!
Helpful - 0
Does your doctor know about this? If not I would let him look at it, cause he/she would be better able to answer that question I would think.

Congrats on having the courage to go the course, and come clean. I know that was hard to do.
I wish you all the luck!
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Hi,

I'm not sure, either. I do know when a person snorts coke it will eventually lead to a deviated spectum, which is the cartilage that seperates your nostrils. Don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting that you were using coke, but it's the only thing I had to compare it with, and I may be wrong.

Seeing your Dr. is always the best thing to do, as the previous post said.

There are so many nice people on this site and we're glad to have you. Keep posting so we know how you're doing.

Take Care....LS
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.