Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

withdrawal my story please read

I am former athlete that used to compete and win at the national level. Now I am man struggling to get out of bed! I ruined my athletic career with heroin. Cold turkeyed that and stayed clean for three years.  Like usual I had to ruin that.  I got involved with some business that was not so legit.  Started makin 10,000 a week and that's when the levies broke.  I had 3 50,000 dollar cars and 50,000 dollars in cash. When I had all this I just started shootin oc. 6 months later I was shootin 20 80 mg pills a day. I was shootin 4 80mg in one shot. 1 year later no cars no cash but owe some people 70grand and their is a hit out on my life. All cause of these drugs. I have been cold turkey for 17 days and still feel like jesus hanging on the cross. I don't even know if this helps anybody just wanted to let people know. Take what you want from it. Did anyone else feel bad off oc withdrawal after 17 days? I still can't take a shower without sittin down after 2 minutes. Drugs   $= root to all evil!
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
We all have our bottom. At one point I had 4 german cars etc but drugs never were a problem. I got hooked on OC out of boredom to make it short. I was snorting 80mg or so per night and tapered down. The amount of abuse you have taken in every way will take time to heal. Are you in a supportive enviornment? Your story would indicate taht you are not. Go check into long term rehab. Where do you live? I am amazed you have held in so long. Lot of strength in there. Keep talking.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Hun, I am a true believer that God never gives you anymore obstacles than HE believes you can handle.
I'm not preaching, I'm not some SAVED just got sober type. But thats MY belief.
He must feel you are strong enough, and guess what? Youre here. You are strong enough to post your story. Yeah, things are a mess. Sometimes you gotta go way down to come back up, and finally realise the WHY'S.
You will experience your own moments of clarity, you'll understand all.
Tackle one thing at a time.
We are ALL here for you, no matter what!!!!!
Lisa
Helpful - 0
Wow..that is such an eye opening story! Thank you for sharing it as well.
I am so sorry you are in this mess. Congrats on your clean time..that is an obstacle like no other all in itself!

WHat will you do about this money owed? Praying for you, and sending thoughts your way.

Please keep us posted!
Helpful - 0
I hope you are staying low drugs are the route to all evil lost 2 friends to heroine and 1 in jail who turned to robbing banks to support habit and after 7 yrs says he would go back to it in a minute I have never shot any thing but my parents did and I thinkit makes the addiction worse. there is a few people on here coming off oc read some of their stories Im coming off methadone been 3 months still feel like I crawl in a hole and die. be careful and watch your back! your doing great one day at a time!
Helpful - 0
I feel for you, over the last year I lost my job, and the love of my life because he got to impatient with me to get better after having 3 surgeries in one year. That is when the pills became a problem and I started taking way more than I should have just to "feel" better. Now I am paying for it and I am as sick as a dog.
Helpful - 0
your story sounds humbling and scary.  i am on about 3 weeks off methadone, and i am also an athlete and have found that strenuous exercise was a godsend.  my dosing nurse told me that there's 3 ways to get drugs out of your system: **** them out, sweat them out, and wait them out.
i truly hope you can overcome these obstacles and live the life you were meant to.  do you have protection?  do you have a plan?  i'm sure you've heard this before, but i am praying for you.  congrats on your clean time.  i'm sure it seems like you've done all that detoxing for nothing, but it will get better.  go outside, jog around, get blood flowing through your atrophied muscles.  REMIND THEM WHAT THEY'RE CAPABLE OF!!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.