Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

TALLTIM-SUZY

I had this post saved also, from someone who posted a tapering schedule...there is yet another one also besides this one..but her eis one of them, I will try and see if I can't find the other as well. Hope this is of some help:

Tapering is the best way to go, and you have the right idea, because cold turkey nearly guarantees failure somewhere down the line.

Here's some advise you may want to consider. You are tapering too much at once. If you are taking 10-12 7.5's a day, that's approximately 75mg of hydrocodone per day. I recommend the following schedule, it will lead to very little withdrawls and allow your body to adjust.

Here goes:

Day One: 75mg
Day two: 74mg (take a razor and shave off approx 1mg of a pill
Day three: 73mg (use the razor and shave off some more...
Day four: 70mg (shave off some more)
Day five: 65mg....
Day six: 60mg....
Day seven: 55mg....
Day eight 50mg...
Day nine: 45mg...
Day 10: 40mg...
Day 11: 35mg...
Day 12: 30mg....
Day 13: 25mg...
Day 14: 20mg...
Day 15: 15mg...
Day 16: 10mg...
Day 17: 5mg...
Day 18: 4mg...
Day 19: 3mg...
Day 20: 2mg...
Day 21: 1mg....
DAY 22....YOU ARE OFF THE HYDROCODONE!

Three weeks may seem like a long time, but this is the most painless way. I am currently on 16 (two 10's) and have suffered NO withdrawls to date. During the afternoon hours, I crave some more mg's, but I just get busy doing something and in about 5-10 minutes the urge goes away.

Don't shock your system by drastically taking away such a very powerful chemical - it could be dangerous. Try the 21 day taper and I bet it works for you too.

Good luck - you can do this!

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I did not post this however Here is the post I was thinking of:

Ive noticed a lot of people on here saying how they hate withdrawel(who would like it!) But, I also see a lot of those people saying they get an RX everymonth. If you dont want bad withdrawel start tapering your dose if you really want to stop. Depending on how much you take a day start cutting it down by one pill at a time. Dont cut another pill untill you are used to taking one less. Just keep cutting one pill at a time, only go to the next cut when you are feeling comfortable with the last cut. For example:

If you take 6 pills a day:
for the fist 2 or so weeks go down to 5 a day.
After a few more weeks go to 4
and so on, and so on

Do this untill you are comfortable takeing 1 pill at a time (or 3 a day)

Now take a half of a pill for about 4 or 5 days, if you do this right you will only experiance withdrawels for that day untill you go to bed(no RL&AS) I know you guys probably get told this by dr.s all the time but it really does work. Take it from someone that has gone through it many times. I keep getting addicted to pain killer because im always takeing it for a medical reason. This time im on them because I was in a very horrible car accident, almost died, didnt remember my Wife and kids when I woke up, and I was in a coma for about 3 weeks.

If you think you will have hard time only taking the tapering doses then hopefully you have someone you trust and wont take your pills on you. For me I put my pills in a week long pill holder, tell my wife to hide them where I wont find them, and have her give me the pills (one container) I can have per day.
Helpful - 0
Thanks...I knew it was somewhere...just couldn't find it!!

WoW!  Sorry to hear you are cold...that is pure misery...I am always cold!  I don't know what I would do if I couldn't warm up no matter what!  Hang in there...hopefully tomorrow you will get some support from the Doctor.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.