Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
175363 tn?1200946321

To ALL who have children, I need to share something my daughter did...SAPPY!

As you all may know, I am on Day 17 sober, my daughter is ALMOST 17. I just got an email from one of her teachers, the contents made me cry like a baby...I am copying and pasting...
From: "Bailey, Vicki W" <vbailey@> (This is my daughters teacher)
To:<***@****> (yep, that's me!)
Subject: Thank You Letter
Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2007. 12:28 PM

Ms. Davidson
In class, one of our assignments was to write a Thank You Letter to the person you would like to thank the most in your life, for whatever reason. I am forwarding this to you as you are Chelsea
16 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
175363 tn?1200946321
What's her name, I will raise her up everyday like I do for everyone here....
Lisa
Helpful - 0
Beautiful letter,beautiful daughter. There is no better reason to stay sober than that. Congratulations on your days of sobriety, I'm sure it's been lots of hard work for you. You and your daughter deserve a wonderful life together. You are so lucky. My daughter (22 years)just started a 6 months court ordered rehab for heroine use,she is a beautiful person. Please keep her in your prayers.
Helpful - 0
Left me choked up!

That is beautiful!!!
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
Whoa!! What an intense letter!  What a deep kid... you'd probably like to know her mother, hunh!! Isn't it amazingly poignant that she actually said the word "dependent" in reference to you??  You're here working out a negative dependency problem (and helping many others with theirs) and your daughter uses the "D" word in reference to you!  Reckon there's different types of Deep-End Ants!!  Beautiful letter, beautiful Mom, bighearted daughter - you shore have what to live and be healthy for!  You're going great!  I want to write you for advice and support, but another time - soon - this note deserves its own special space!         L,  Nefesh
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
That was ill-placed! I hope someone will get past that and respond to the amazing things that children can do that affect us, inspire us, HELL, make us fight these demons.
Sorry, CenterSpike, but that was something I shared that was VERY SENTIMENTAL TO ME. You should start a new thread with that though...
Lisa
Helpful - 0
I think I am getting the keybored wet I love the letter my daughter is 15 and since she was 7 ive been high she told me that she used to be embarassed to bring friends over because of my nodding off since ive been clean she yells me that her friends think iamthe coolest mom comments like that and your letter make all the pain worth it!
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Take a look at those litle pills...so small, yet so powerful. You have to channel, use a motivation, an inspiration. How are you gonna let something so little bring you down? That was my question to myself. Maybe you should ask it.
I am KLEEN from Methadone!! 17 days! I was never prescribed them, it started in a bad relationship, that was my ESCAPE. Well, the bad relationship is gone, and all is new. I have a new wonderful man, and of course, my daughter and his 3 boys. I just looked up from my pills one day and knew they didn't belong here with this man. If I was going to heal from all the terrible things my last relationship had done, I also had to shed the addiction.
SO I DID!
Lisa
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Yeah that "D" word. Well, she knew the whole time. She could "tell" as she got older, when I was high. And amazingly, she has NEVER touched a drug! I don NOT know how I managed that!
She watched and helped as I struggled through withdrawals. Maybe she will see it as a means to say NO FOREVER, huh?
Lisa
Helpful - 0
Wow, that is really something.  Congratuations to you MOM!  I don't know what you are kleen from.  Do you mind sharing?  Your daughter sees your true self. Your addiction does not define who you are in any way. I am SO HARD on myself and often do have low self esteem when I use because I am an addict and it is bigger than me.  It still all comes down to ME and the choices I make, but it seems as if I don't have choice (even though I know logically I do).  That's addiction for you. Day 17. That is awesome! (Patting you on the back!)
Helpful - 0
oh man, that was so cool.  if i accomplish only one thing in my life, it's to be a good mother.  in the end, nothing else matters.
you were telling me about the hard times and struggling through, and she even noticed everything you were sacrificing.  you inspire me.
love
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
She is MY EVERYTHING!
She inspires me...
BOO-HOO God it just makes me cry! I cannot wait to get her from school today!! She is gonna get the biggest hug, and I will cry again!
I wonder if she knows her teacher did that?
Helpful - 0
What an amazing letter, made me tear up.  I wish someday to hear something like than from my son.  He is 24 now and still doesn't appreciate all I have done for him in his life.  I'm still waiting for a thank you like you just got.  What an awesome mom with an awesome daughter.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Sometimes when a child sees your weaknesses it can be scary for them, but then they see you as someone just like them. You make mistakes, you f**k up. Can make them respect you a bit more. My daughter has known about my demon since day 1. WE WENT THROUGH HELL IN MY LAST RELATIONSHIP!!! When I finally had everything ready, the money secretly stashed, bags packed, something amazing and terrible all at the same time happened. The man I lived with was all messed up on meth, and blacked out at the wheel of a construction truck, killed a man head on! He was the innocent one, and a day doesn't go by that i don't bless hm, and tell him how sorry I am, but that was my OUT, OUR OUT! I RAN! He went to jail for vehicular homicide. And we got a new life.
Boy, you guys just keep pulling secrets outta me. I've only told that story to 1 person on this forum!!
Lisa
Helpful - 0
THAT IS SO SWEET.IT REALLY TUGGED AT MY HEARTSTRINGS.SHE IS 17 AND FEELS THAT WAY.YOU DID SOMETHING RIGHT GIRL!!!
Helpful - 0
has anyone read this::::::::::::
::::
Pain killer addiction treatment
Pain killer addiction and recovery
Addiction to prescription painkillers is a disease that has become increasingly prevalent in the United States and elsewhere. Opiate, or narcotic pain medications such as Vicodin, OxyContin, Norco, and Hydrocodone are commonly prescribed by physicians to treat pain. Often, patients continue taking their medication as prescribed and become physically dependent upon the drug. This means that even if they want to stop taking the medication, it becomes extremely uncomfortable due to symptoms of withdrawal. This happens because of the following physical process:

The brain has responded to the presence of the pain medicine by increasing the number of receptors for the drug, and the nerve cells in the brain cease to function normally.

The body stops producing endorphins (the body
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Dear Mrs. Davidson:

In our journey through life, we always find that there are certain people that stand out. There are people that have changed your life in at least one way. That way can either be big or small. There are a lot of people that have affected my life, and you are the main one. I am so glad that you were the one who did. I turned out for the best.
In my personal opinion, the person that raises you makes up half of the person that you become. I am like you in so many ways, and thank you for not making me a complete loony, and raising me to keep a head on my shoulders. I am a strong, kind, and respectful person. I have turned out almost to what the unfortunate person would call perfect. I believe that I truly deserve what I have because I have worked hard for it, and I have never done anything that would bring you disappointment on purpose.
I am responsible for the other half, but the half that you had control over is what makes me what I am. You have always been there for me no matter what. You were the one person in my life that never left my side. You are the one person I can always say I have 100% dependency on. You are the one person I call mom. You deserve it. All the things that you did in your life for me. I know their were times when there was something that I needed when their was something that you wanted, and you chose my need because you are a great mother. You and I have always been there through thick, and thin. You lean on me, and if I am troubled I
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.