Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hydro addicition---Conquered

Just wanted to post and let everyone know I made it.  I went cold turkey about a month ago.  I posted here and read the posts and they really helped me.  The first two weeks were hell.  The hardest part being the lack of sleep.  Nothing seemed to work.  I had Lunesta prescribed and that did not do a thing.  Finally, I tried some Tylenol cold PM and that worked.  I was finally able to get 6 hours of sleep or more.  Soon thereafter my body started to feel better, I started eating better and exercising and today I feel great.  Mentally, I still want the pills at times, but easily realize how much better I feel about myself.  And how happy I am to mentally be clear again and present.

For all those going through this.  Hang in...  You can do it.
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
CONGRATS!!!!PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK AND ALWAYS REMEMBER TO KEEP THE FAITH.YOU WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.IT TAKES ALOT OF GUTS TO DO WHAT YOU DID.SO HANG IN THERE FRIEND!!!!!
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Conquered my demon, too. YAY for both of us. It can be done. And life is so...JUICY!!!
I couldn't think of any other way to describe it...LOL
Helpful - 0
You are an inspiration to me.  Thank you for your post.  It is honest and enlightening.  I am not where you are by a long shot but the possibilities of it all are emerging more and more as I communicate through this site.  It may be my lifesaver.
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
It was one of my lifesavers, NO WAY could I have made it w/o that Thomas Recipe!!! For real, I'm on day 17 and I feel so good. Are you committed now?
Helpful - 0
No way.  Feel quite like a loser today.  Nervous and icky and having my own little pitty party because i can't get off my ars and live life.  Oh, poor me.  I need to get a grip!!!
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
When your body is ready you shold push a lil, then more the next day. Kinda like phys ed back in high school.
Helpful - 0
hi
i have been on hydrocodone 10/500 for 8 1/2 years also soma and oxycotin 20 mg
i am supposed to take 8 hydros a day and 4 somas and 2 oxys at night
but i take 30 or so hydros a day-10-15 somas a day-and between 8-12 oxys a day--i can get an unlimited suppy of the hydros and somas--oxys only get what dr will give
over past year i have ran out for 4 days here 6days there
longest was out was 7 days
can you tell me day by day what withdrawls you went through-i know every one is different-but give me an idea- and day by day your enegy level-eating habbits etc...
like i said i can get all i want for almost nothing, that is not the point-point is i have 2 kids now 15 and 14-i have missed them growing up and i dont want to kill my liver
and big problem i face when out is i dont feel like doing anything, like take trash out etc....
example::::::::::
lets say we have a leaky facet in kitchen needs the washer changed--15 cent part-20-30 min of work--but this is my problem, without any pain meds (narcotic) i dont feel like doing it, then i say as soon as i get my script in i will do it, and once i get more pills, all i want to do is sit and watch t.v., i dont feel like fixing faucet
but when i am out of pills = in my mind i think once i get pills i will do it=but once i have them=i just relax
like i said i can get pills-from dr's or friends, but there has been them rare times when no one had and i had to suffer for a few days
---but i am planning on quiting--any advice
please help
steve
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
My advice to you is if you are planning, then maybe you should taper a bit first. You have access to alot of different things. Are you to the point where, YOU HAVE HAD ENOUGH? You absolutely have to want it, no sh** about that. If you are not quite to that point, then you are not ready.
Where do you stand?
Lisa
Helpful - 0
Congratulations to you. I hope someday soon I can say the same. I guess you are quite proud of yourself, and should be.
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
Way to go!!!!!!!!! Looking back on your experience, If you could give those of us who ain't made it yet one piece of advice - what would it be??     thanks, you're a true hero   Nefesh
Helpful - 0
i have to make this quick--got to go to town
to lisa
i dont feel i get high anymore--that ended years ago---but-but without them i am misurable--i dont think i get hi--but without the pills i dont feel normal-so i dont really know--i mean i can take enough pills in a day--and you could take 3 grown men-who have never taken pain pills before--and devide what i take between the 3 say 10-13 or so each--and the pills would get each of them hi--exspecially if you add the somas and oxys in, i mean i can function just fine with all that narcotics in my blood-drive fine talk fine--talk to a police officer and they have no idea i have taken that many-they have no idea i have even taken 1--i dont drink --but even after all these years--i think if i drank beer- i would probably get hi though, not bragging here--i am stupid, i tell all i know when they get hurt-or if ever get hurt--try all pain meds =-=non nacartics 1st-before getting hydos, and dont put off surgerys as i have--had truck wreck messed up both knees right shoulder--hurniated neck c6,7---back t-10
and low back L 1,2,3 and i think its S 1--after wreck i had 8 1/2 yrs ago--i waited 4 years to have knees done, that was 4 1/2 yrs ago---i keep putting right shoulder torn rotator cuff surgery off--then alot of surgerys for neck and back, but believe it--i can still function and get around ok
got to go will write more later
steve
Helpful - 0
Well,  first let me just say my addicition was in no way close to Centers.  Over the course of a year and a half I got up to about 4 10/325 a day.  I was taking this amount for about a year.
The first 48 hours was like a fast progression of uncomfortablness.  My legs ached.  My arms and legs were restless.  I had trouble focusing.  I was moody and my mind was cloudy.  The 3rd and 4th day the uncomfortablness was the worst.  However days 5-10 were no picnic.  Mostly because sleep deprivation set in.  I could not get any more then 2 hours sleep at a time.  I would wake up with my arms and legs all restless and feeling like I wanted to shake them and bang them into walls.  Things that helped during this time were trying to keep busy, Listnening to music (this was important for me), taking very hot baths.  Also I started seeing a spiritual healer.  I know, it might sound a little hokie to some.  But I began seeing a sufi-acupuncturist.  This really helped me.  It might not help all.  If you want more details just ask.  I found it such a relief to just come clean to someone.  Finally, like I said in my prior post when alot of the restlessness stopped I took some Tylenol cold PM for a couple nights and finally got 6 or more hours of sleep.  When this happened I felt I had finally 'physically' turned the corner.  The rest all just began to fall into place.

I hope these details help a little.
Helpful - 0
what was your drug you were addicted to?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.