Aa
A
A
A
Close
176889 tn?1234352582

'Intelligence is given, morality acquired, and habit rules'

Dear Gipsee, LS, Bugzz, Matine, Scarlet, spklng amber, Orangefyre, Everyone;
The title on this one "Intelligence is..." comes from a book on how to repair your character traits written about 900 years ago!  I doubt they had the full range of painmurderers that we do now...  I don't know why I keep trying to write here except that I'm addicted!  I don't think I'm really helping anyone else, and maybe because of the time difference not really getting much direct answers... getting sicker all the time which seems to include sick of myself- I was miraculously saved a few years ago (after already being an addict for more'n a decade) when they discovered I had 100%,85%, and 35% blockages in 3 of the 4 bloodpipes to me heart-Doc said if the other part of the heart hadn't taken over, I'd already be up with "guys wearing white wings or whatever you believe in" were his words... Did it really scare/affect me in a lasting way? No of course not tho I'm sure it had to do with addiction somehow since I'm non-smoking, no diabetes, normal cholesterol (high tryglycrds tho) was under 50 at the time(!) moderately active (carrying sleepin kids to their beds or bags of groceries upstairs)) My latest "plan" is to get this doc to help me with a script for Oxy 20's that somebody else will hold for me - one in the am, one in the pm and that's it!  Once I'm set with that, I'll taper - or if I function well and am not in too much pain maybe I should just hold awhile - at least there's no tylenol... I'm so sick and so tired, Have a good night all, thanks for reading this  love, Nefesh
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
175363 tn?1200946321
Is that written by Ziniewicz?
I love Lit!!!
Enlighten me!
Sponging...
Lisa
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
Aww, you just have to keep that positive attitude. One thing I have learned is this....
2 CORINTHIANS 12:9and 10: "And He said unto me,
Helpful - 0
176889 tn?1234352582
you're right. I'm down. just feel so sick and useless - in addition to juggling my intake lately (not really less, just redistributed) I can't shake this flu (even tho I had a flu shot before the season started) maybe because my liver/general ability to fight off infection is way down... and my addiction to this site is wierd, on the one hand it gives me a lot more hope and some real tools for my chest... on the other hand I spend so much time here and my sleeping is so wacked out and I feel bad when folks don't write and then feel stupid for feeling that way!   so thanks for responding.  all blessings to ye      L, Nefesh
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
Hi again,

Never think you're not important. You have helped me, and others I'm sure, feel better after reading what you post. I also think the posting does you you good. You have a lot to say and a wonderful way of saying it. We need that.

I hope in some small way we have helped you. I know the feeling of being down on yourself. That comes from not being happy with youself. You're going to beat this addiction. I know that in my heart. If you're not in charge of your meds, you have set up a safety mechanism that will you protect you from yourself. You have strength and soon you will be able to handle it on your own. We need you so promise to never quit posting. I guess never is a little too long. lol At some point you will be busy living your life because you will be clean and happy.

Thanks for being here......Hugs...ST
Helpful - 0
175363 tn?1200946321
I will have to look that one up, buddy. You have MANY kind words to say to me, how can you say you haven't helped anyone? You have a plan, man, thats a good thing. Why do I feel you are down? Am I wrong?
Lisa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.