Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Centerspike

As you asked...I'm going to post my w/d symptoms to you...however, you sent me your list of qty and variety, if I were you I'd sure see a Dr.

Night of day 1.  Totally miserable...shakes, watery eyes, stomach ache...chills beyound belief

24 hours... Flu like symptoms runs... slept most of the day took Xanax for that

48 hours same thing...runs being the worst of it....took less Xanax but stayed in bed

72 hours.. less Xanax...felt like do do...stomach distended ached all over

By the 4th day... your head is lifting from the fog...but symptoms are kinda melting away... sleeping is tough so I only took the Xanax by this time to sleep.

Took me a week before I really felt human but after the 4th day I was doing much better.

Then dummy me... quit the Xanax C/T on my 7th day... not such a good idea.  I really set myself back with that trick.   So now I'm on a taper with the Xanax... I'm doing 1/2 of a .50 mg three times a day.

But I want to say something to you... the amount of the Vicoden I was taking ... was not nearly the amount you are eating... and I think that maybe someone here may be able to guide you a bit better than me and I don't even take aspirin...so there were no other drugs involved.  

Take this for what it's worth... exactly what you paid for it.

Wishing you the best
Gip
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Gippsee,

Just how much vicodin were you taking and for how long???
Helpful - 0
I was taking 6 - 8 pills a day the two year... I've been taking Vics for 5 years....and the # of pills just kept increasing over time.   For two of those 5 years .. I would take one half a pill four times a day... never did any more..any less.. then you know how it all digresses.
Helpful - 0
i'm only take 4 - 5 hydro 10/650 a day.  how bad do you think my withdrawals will be?
Helpful - 0
Thank you~ I am taking between 8 & 15 vics per day. I have about 12 or so left and then I'm done. I am going to try to use what I have left for when I am really suffering. I have gone thru W/D's before and only made it part way thru day 2 and I crumbled. This time I am determined to make it all the way. How long are you clean?
Helpful - 0
Tomorrow will be three weeks from the Vicoden...

Truthfully, I'm not feeling the "love" everyone else seems to be feeling.   It's an effort for me to get to work and keep focused.  But I'm pretending to be OK... so far so good.

I'm ok 'til about 3pm... then the slumps kick in.

But I took a lot from the forum while I was in my self-imposed Detox... I did a C/T.... I really was tired of the pills and I wasn't feeling all that well ... Had three surgeries in three years and yes, I am dealing w/pain ... but that's OK...

From everything I'm told eventually endorphins kick back in and this pain is dooable.   I'm just so freaking tired.

I still can't sleep peacefully w/o the help of Xanax.  But I'm 57... lotsa younger ppl are getting a grip... seem to be bouncing all over the place

Gip
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.